Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea re comfirming homechecks

3 posters

Go down

Idea re comfirming homechecks Empty Idea re comfirming homechecks

Post by jennybloggs Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:31 am

Hi.. I was thinking, that it might be an idea to have on the request for home check thread, the outcome. That way at a glance, rescues/interested parties can see who completed homecheck, when and for what. Thus removing a lot of confusion. Am sure all of us have nothing to hide in that respect and would be happy for this stuff to be on view.

If this may cause a huge pile up of posts still needing to be current (not that up on those kind of thngs) this information could then be added on to the homechecked persons profile. Obviously this would only be able to be done by a select few to prevent any fraud lol.

What do you reckon??
jennybloggs
jennybloggs
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2150
Name: : Carol
RHU Cases: : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Idea re comfirming homechecks Empty Re: Idea re comfirming homechecks

Post by sarah.so Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 am

hmmmm. im not sure on this - i did a recent homecheck & had concerns which i obviously passed onto the rescue, and because this person failed i got quite a few emails!

as we organise the checks once we have details by ringing etc this would mean they had our phone numbers - so could cause some trouble?

i do agree that we need to know the reasons why - for other rescues - but saying that all different rescues have a different rehoming policy.

one thing that did concern me - is there any way of checking up if these people have ever been prosecuted or anything fo ill treatment to animals?? how would the rescue know?
sarah.so
sarah.so
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 788
Name: : Sarah
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.jawt.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jennybloggs Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:13 am

wasnt necessarily meaning all the home checkers numbers etc.. just what passed for, failed on.. an idea to be perfected perhaps? it would be a good starting point for other more specific rescue needs
jennybloggs
jennybloggs
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:55 am

no i also don't believe in making it public knowledge for two reasons:

firstly: if you had failed on something minor that could be fixed and re-homed checked you would be highy embarrassed that it was on an open forum for all to see, also, as mentioned by sarah, some homechecks are different, if there is a specific dog/ animal in mind then you need to homecheck for that particular dog / animal, whats right for one is not necessarily right for another, so rescues need to contact each other and discuss the relevent homecheck.

secondly: for reasons stated in Sarah's post, i also have failed a few homechecks in my time and had the reprocussions from failed checks, it is not a good idea to publicly fail someone then have all their mates emailing you too! some people can be nasty enough on their own.

one thing that did concern me - is there any way of checking up if these people have ever been prosecuted or anything fo ill treatment to animals?? how would the rescue know?

I would love to be able to add this to a homecheck, or at least have rescues be able to check this, it is something that concerns me greatly as it is very very easy to have a nice, safe house and be lovely for all of 30 minutes during a homecheck, but what happens behind closed doors cannot be seen during the check, i do feel it of vital importance to have follow up homechecks, it would be great to see this done at maybe 6 months , 1 year and 2 years old to see the health of the dog/ animal and the conditions they are living in.

Back to top Go down

Post by jennybloggs Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:01 am

Fair enough, just a thought

The prosecution info would only be obtainable with a police (CRO) check I guess
jennybloggs
jennybloggs
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:10 am

it's a good thought hun, no offence intended it's only my opinion, other members will agree with you, it's just my thoughts sorry

not sure where you would have to go to check the cruelty thing? i think the CRO checks are for people incapable of defending/caring for themselves, ie children, elderly, mentally unstable etc... as you are being put in a position of complete trust

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:32 am

CRB - also cost about 20/25 so who is going to pay this ???
also i dont know if anything animal related would be on them i have one as i work with the elderly ,

also to add that there is such a thing as data protection so you would need to be care full on what is said in the threads ,

If you entered a house and the boyfriend /husband was a known criminal you would not be able to put that on a public forum
If i went into a home that has a known peodofile i would not be able to tell anyone even though i would like to tell people in the neighbour hood - i would get the sack !!!!
just an example and have never had to put this to practice yet !!!!
zip
cracker
cracker
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 3716
Name: : Kim
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://www.freewebs.com/newforestanimalrescue

Back to top Go down

Post by jennybloggs Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:54 am

cro/crb checks are the same thing.. am just a bit old school.. criminal record office/bureau.. ANY successful prosecution would be shown on there. Of course that is definitely NOT something to broadcast on here.. was just answering the question of how would we know if someone had been prosecuted.

And the question of cost or who would pay is the very reason i guess noone does them, and more emphasis is put on the home checkers instincts. BUT of course there will always be devious characters out there who are more than capable of pulling the wool over even the most tuned in persons eyes.. Sadly thats a fact of life!

Like everything in life, there is the ideal way to do things, and the realistic way. Money not being freely flowing for most rescue organisations.. we are having to opt for realism.

I worked for the met for 8 years, prison service for 9 years and am now a foster carer, I have been police checked (CRO?CRB) all my working life.. but its only as relevant as it is current. IE> if i am police checked today, and tomorrow get prosecuted for who knows what.. it wouldnt be picked up til I was next cro checked.. so you see.. even with the money no system is perfect!

Will stop here.. I know.. am rambling on! zip
jennybloggs
jennybloggs
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:04 am

Just to add, CRB checks can take up to six months to process too. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:25 am

What about just putting on the homcheck thread. "I did this check please contact me for details?" Then if someone contacts you about a specific person check with them if it is ok to pass on the details to this new person.

If that makes any sense at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by jennybloggs Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:36 am

Actually Jenny, that makes plenty of sense!
jennybloggs
jennybloggs
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah.so Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 am

yeah Jenny - i think that is a good idea!

i had an email today of the ones i hadnt recomended pass saying they had got a dog from else where! so obviously rescues do not communicate enough on this score.

i also know someone else who has had 3 dogs and rehomed them because they couldnt be bothered yet they then adopted another one 3 months ago & guess what... looking to rehome that one!
sarah.so
sarah.so
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 788
Name: : Sarah
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.jawt.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:39 pm

It's things like that that need to known as well but I don't know how you'd get around that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:39 am

servo motor repair
Fight and Beat traffic tickets california

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down