Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RESCUE BACK UP REQUIRED URGENTLY, OR PTS SITUATION FOR FERAL CATS.

3 posters

Go down

RESCUE BACK UP REQUIRED URGENTLY, OR PTS SITUATION FOR FERAL CATS. Empty RESCUE BACK UP REQUIRED URGENTLY, OR PTS SITUATION FOR FERAL CATS.

Post by Goldie Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Absolutely dire situation. A pest control called me about 20 to 30 cats at Dagenham Fords site. Due to Health and Safety, Fords have asked this Pest Control man to remove all these feral (? ex-domestic?) tomcats, pregnant cats, unspeyed cats, and kittens. He doesn't want to hurt them and has asked our help. It seems some companies prefer rats, etc.
I told this man I was certain my friend Terry - independent trapper rescuer - was already dealing with this colony but perhaps there are two colonies. In also asked him to involve Celia Hammond Animal Trust as she has the means to spey/neuter and possibly may help with placing. But of course she may be inundataed with other colonies as she is the mot proactive feral person I have met.

He wants to start trapping straight away BUT WHAT WE NEED are places for these cats to go so they can be delivered as soon as trapped and hopefully neutered. None of us can take all of them but hopefully I can compile a list of people willing to take some for rehoming, i.e. tell me if you can take pregnant females, kittens, mums and kittens, or the riffraff that is left over. If anyone can offer say six spaces for ferals me and Terry would be willing to drive anywhere to deliver them.

Yes folks, London is a hellhole for cats, literally. Lets get them out of London, please.

Please respond urgently if you can help.

Debs, can any C.A.T. branches help.

Contact/organisation details: Independent rescuers.
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Not yet.
Number of groups: 1 large colony

(repeat the following for each group)

Type/Breed/Variety: Unknown
Sex: Mixed
Age(s): Mixed
Name(s): NOT NAMED
Colours: mixed
Neutered: Probably not.
Reason for rehoming: to be eradicated.
Temperament: possibly feral but may just be abandoned domestic cats as fords was cleared a couple of years ago of cats.
Medical problems: unknown
Neutering: Animal will be neutered unless for medical reasons. Can this be guaranteed? working on finding funding
Will the group be split: absolutely yes
Transport available: yes
Other: see above intro.
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1349
Name: : Lauren Grace
RHU Cases: : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

RESCUE BACK UP REQUIRED URGENTLY, OR PTS SITUATION FOR FERAL CATS. Empty Re: RESCUE BACK UP REQUIRED URGENTLY, OR PTS SITUATION FOR FERAL CATS.

Post by redditchlady Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Have been homechecked on Thursday and can contain Kittens with rescue back up to help.

Please can any rescues help pray
redditchlady
redditchlady
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Female Number of posts : 1919
Name: : Kazz
RHU Cases: : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

RESCUE BACK UP REQUIRED URGENTLY, OR PTS SITUATION FOR FERAL CATS. Empty Re: RESCUE BACK UP REQUIRED URGENTLY, OR PTS SITUATION FOR FERAL CATS.

Post by Cat Detective Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:50 pm

I am full at the mo but checking with contacts and will report back tomorrow.
Cat Detective
Cat Detective
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 656
Name: : Debbie
RHU Cases: : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-19

http://felinenetwork.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Detective Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:57 pm

hAVE EMAILED THESE

THEY ARE THE OTHER c a t AND HAVE A GROUP IN CENTRAL LONDON

http://www.cat77.org.uk/
Cat Detective
Cat Detective
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 656
Name: : Debbie
RHU Cases: : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-19

http://felinenetwork.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down