Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPONSOR / VAN WANTED SO I CAN MAKE MORE REGULAR AND FURTHER POUNDIE RELAYS

+6
BB_Linda
Posh Puss Rescue
Paws Dawson
jennie71
Gilka
Goldie
10 posters

Go down

SPONSOR / VAN WANTED SO I CAN MAKE MORE REGULAR AND FURTHER POUNDIE RELAYS Empty SPONSOR / VAN WANTED SO I CAN MAKE MORE REGULAR AND FURTHER POUNDIE RELAYS

Post by Goldie Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:56 am

I have offered to do a once a month run from Essex to Doncaster and back via Leicester. At my expense - see my posts.

But it seems to me there is a need for East to West and West to East as well. I cannot afford to do two of these runs a month but if someone can sponsor my mileage, say 40 pence a mile, then I could do a regular once a month trip that way as well.

Also, if I had a van instead of an old banger hatchback I could carry more and bigger dogs.

Just a thought - I am offering time and transport but need a bit of backup.

(p.s. the van would be like a long term loan and only used for the rhu transport)

Lauren
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1349
Name: : Lauren Grace
RHU Cases: : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

SPONSOR / VAN WANTED SO I CAN MAKE MORE REGULAR AND FURTHER POUNDIE RELAYS Empty Re: SPONSOR / VAN WANTED SO I CAN MAKE MORE REGULAR AND FURTHER POUNDIE RELAYS

Post by Gilka Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Have you tried contacting local businesses? You could put their ad on the side of the van....free advertising!! And people who have more money than sense.......they might be able to help....although you might have to find them first!!!
Gilka
Gilka
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1813
Name: : Mel
RHU Cases: : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com

Back to top Go down

SPONSOR / VAN WANTED SO I CAN MAKE MORE REGULAR AND FURTHER POUNDIE RELAYS Empty Re: SPONSOR / VAN WANTED SO I CAN MAKE MORE REGULAR AND FURTHER POUNDIE RELAYS

Post by jennie71 Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 am

Lauren it might be worth contacting Doris Banham too - I have no idea how things are at the moment with them, but a while ago Trudie had said the vans were available for rescue transport use as long as fuel costs were covered? Just an idea :S
jennie71
jennie71
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 1854
Name: : Jennifer
RHU Cases: : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Paws Dawson Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:19 am

Just to add youd also need secure crates and insurance so the cost would not only be fuel and the vehicle maintenance
Paws Dawson
Paws Dawson
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 202
Name: : Sarah
RHU Cases: : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Posh Puss Rescue Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:56 am

This is a good idea Goldie - I hope it works out - you put in a lot of effort
Posh Puss Rescue
Posh Puss Rescue
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 557
Name: : janet jewell
Registration date : 2008-04-08

http://www.poshpussrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BB_Linda Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:16 am

You may also need a defra licence if you are transporting more than one dog at a time and over a certain distance.

BB_Linda
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 353
Name: : Linda
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-20

http://www.brentwooddogwalker.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by hughy Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 am

may be worth approaching a dealership see if they would pass an old trade in model your way .saves them the time and money of either scrapping the thing or getting it taken to an auction .........
hughy
hughy
RHU friend
RHU friend

Male Number of posts : 2718
Name: : hugh
RHU Cases: : 33
Registration date : 2008-02-21

http://www.freewebs.com/fourpawsrottie/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 pm

hughy wrote:may be worth approaching a dealership see if they would pass an old trade in model your way .saves them the time and money of either scrapping the thing or getting it taken to an auction .........

Good Dog Hughy, what a cracking idea! I want to do that. I'm not sure I have the male appendages to do it though. Could you offer a crib sheet of teh sort of thing you'd suggest saying to start that conversation off? Brillient idea!
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 4378
Name: : Diane Simons
RHU Cases: : 72
Registration date : 2008-01-14

http://www.thedogmother.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:21 am

Yes, that is a good idea, actually lots of good ideas above, but this idea feels the easiest??????? Lauren

TheDogmother wrote:
hughy wrote:may be worth approaching a dealership see if they would pass an old trade in model your way .saves them the time and money of either scrapping the thing or getting it taken to an auction .........

Good Dog Hughy, what a cracking idea! I want to do that. I'm not sure I have the male appendages to do it though. Could you offer a crib sheet of teh sort of thing you'd suggest saying to start that conversation off? Brillient idea!
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainrescue Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:18 pm

I have a van which is based in Rotherham - just off the M18 - j/1
If thats any use for you to borrow sometimes to transport - we are insured third party.

Pm me if thats a possibility to look into
jaq
Rainrescue
Rainrescue
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 334
Name: : Jacquie
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/sheffield.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarbum Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:39 pm

bump Embarassed
sugarbum
sugarbum
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Female Number of posts : 3589
Name: : abbie
RHU Cases: : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:32 am

bump
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down