Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fundraising help needed - PoundHounds

+4
Mischievous_Mark
tracyb
Spike
Maly
8 posters

Go down

Fundraising help needed - PoundHounds Empty Fundraising help needed - PoundHounds

Post by Maly Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 am

Hi all,

Due to extra work committments I really could do with a bit of help with fundraising. The rescue is based in West Yorkshire/ Nottinghamshire, but as long as people are prepared to use a phone or their computers they needn't be on the doorstep.

Anyone who has an idea or two and would be willing to help me get it off the ground would be appreciated!

Maly x
Maly
Maly
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 988
Name: : Not given
Registration date : 2008-11-19

http://www.poundhounds.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Fundraising help needed - PoundHounds Empty Re: Fundraising help needed - PoundHounds

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:37 am

crossed

Back to top Go down

Fundraising help needed - PoundHounds Empty Re: Fundraising help needed - PoundHounds

Post by Spike Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:56 pm

I am going to put my thinking cap on and will help to do something for you...I have a phone and computer and some time..... if it wasn't for you who knows where the lovely Max would have ended up clap Max is my gorgeous PondHound foster dog...in case anyone doesn't know by now..ha ha!!!

....anyone care to join forces and form a fundraising team to help Poundhounds? Laughing
Spike
Spike
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 253
Name: : Kate Lee
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:05 pm

crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyb Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:24 am

If Maly not around give me a shout as around doing what I can. Have had a bit of help off Hunting Life contacts (dont work my dogs but have working type & they are really helpful)
Doglost collegues have also helped (Im a Doglost Co-Ordinator as well)

Would anyone have items to do a boot sale with??? I have estate car & more than happy to do Oldcoates market on a Sunday as they are 10 mins from kennels
I sent up a Facebook group as well but not got a clue how to make it work if anyone any good with messing about & wants to go to town with it.

I also have a lot of collars & some leads that I would by happy to sell on here.

PLEASE donate us your old mobile phones & printer cartridges-
We also have approx 15 dogs needing microchipping- I can get them done VERY cheap but sill need paying.
Spare wormers or frontline- YES please.

We really need every penny towards Max & our boarding fees. I hope Maly doesnt mind me telling you BUT we had 6 kennels allocated & 24 dogs in !!!
All saved from pts inc MAX, but the extra kennels have cost a lot of money.

tracyb
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1204
Name: : Tracy Bonner
RHU Cases: : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischievous_Mark Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:14 am

Couple of days ago i was going to hire a dog costume and walk around the White rose in leeds and the ridings in wakefield, White rose wouldnt allow me to do and still waiting for a reponse from the ridings.

"Save a hound,Give us a Pound" Very Happy used that in a raffle at school i did for the RSPCA when i was in year 8 lol

Mischievous_Mark
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 65
Name: : Mark
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilka Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:16 am

Mischievous_Mark wrote:Couple of days ago i was going to hire a dog costume and walk around the White rose in leeds and the ridings in wakefield, White rose wouldnt allow me to do and still waiting for a reponse from the ridings.

"Save a hound,Give us a Pound" Very Happy used that in a raffle at school i did for the RSPCA when i was in year 8 lol

Coool!!
Gilka
Gilka
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1813
Name: : Mel
RHU Cases: : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischievous_Mark Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:21 am

I shall let you know whether or not allow it, If not if you can think of any other places, Im always happy to dress up in a dog costume.

Here are the two i was thinking about, they are in a costume shop not far from me.

http://www.fantasyworld1.co.uk/shoponline/view.php?image=images/IMG_1114BG.jpg
Hmm i cant seem to find the other, it was a grey mutt looking thing anyway.

Mischievous_Mark
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMother Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Oh wow, how cool is that thumb I hope you get permission thumb
TheMother
TheMother
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1081
Name: : Tricia
RHU Cases: : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Spike Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Mark that is brilliant and just the sort of promotion Poundhounds needs.

I am trying to help Poundhounds as best as I can but don't live in the area so can't help with suggestions for areas to do this in... I am restricted to phone calls/ computer work etc..but if you get permission to do it or anyone can suggest anywhere else please pm me and I will support you all I can in terms of admin.

star

:thankyou:
Spike
Spike
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlelab Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Fun dog show, raises lots of money and great for owners of rescue dogs to meet up, I am more then willing to help with how to organise etc, but am running 2 of my own this year (all for charity).
Littlelab
Littlelab
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1836
Name: : Natalie
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-02

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Spike Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Thnaks Littlelab ...will pm you for advice and details.

crossed
Spike
Spike
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischievous_Mark Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:53 pm

Just got a email back fromt he ridings
"Hi Mark

Thank you for your enquiry about fundraising in The Ridings Shopping Centre.

As you will appreciate, requests from charities/fundraisers are numerous and therefore we request you apply to Wakefield MDC for a valid Street Collection Permit.

Please note that approval will only be given to organisations with a valid Street Collection Permit from Wakefield MDC when we will be happy to review your request.

I look forward to hearing from you and should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lynn Hazell

Marketing Assistant

Ridings Shopping Centre, Wakefield, WF1 1DS"

Mischievous_Mark
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:00 pm

So does this mean NO ??

Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischievous_Mark Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Braveheart wrote:So does this mean NO ??

Elaine

TBH i havent a clue lol

I say see what i can do about this permit :S

Mischievous_Mark
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:07 pm

The way Im reading it Mark is they are trying to diplomatically fob you off with a polite NO, I do hope Ive mis-read it but thats what it looks like to me.

Fingers crossed a permit can be issued then theres no stopping you

Good luck

Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:22 am

I think it's common practice to have to have a permit to do any sort of street collecting. I say apply for it and see what they say! You may need to be doing it on behalf of a registered charity, I'm not sure.

What a cool idea - I want to see this in action! Very Happy
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Spike Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:31 am

Yes I think Jod is right I think they are just asking you to get your permit before they will consider the application. I also think jod may be right with it having to be a 'charity' as well.

If you want some help with the admin side of this please pm me.

crossed
Spike
Spike
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:36 am

lovely offer Kate

Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyb Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:16 pm

In the circumstances may I suggest this is closed.

tracyb
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1204
Name: : Tracy Bonner
RHU Cases: : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down