Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New forum down again?

+28
TeresaK
hughy
Lola
KimIFA
Macwooly
westfield54
Cat Detective
Admin
jacksmum26
Gilka
ElaineC
wiggy
Archies Mum
seamus'mum
jennybloggs
phoenix
lexie_mac
Jazzi
Dizzycharm
LianneC
susiechin
Zoe
redditchlady
Jod
leahnarry
yorkiegirl
red-devil0602
Ratscallions
32 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New forum down again? - Page 4 Empty Re: New forum down again?

Post by phoenix Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Zoe wrote:cant see it as its keeps saying private. altho on the online list it says im logged in. Evil or Very Mad

same here, is the slander what i 'think' it is?
phoenix
phoenix
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2013
Name: : jayne
RHU Cases: : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KimIFA Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:42 pm

I can't get on either, when I try it lets me on off-line so I only see an old version. I tried the link Jod posted above, but although it says I've logged in it won't let me in any areas apart from Guest areas as all others are marked PRIVATE with only admin able to view and post?

Hope its sorted soon.
KimIFA
KimIFA
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 768
Name: : Kim Houghton
RHU Cases: : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.kimhoughton-ifa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Detective Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:01 pm

I hope it was not hacking - cos if it was, the scum who did it may have animals deaths on their hands.
Cat Detective
Cat Detective
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 656
Name: : Debbie
RHU Cases: : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-19

http://felinenetwork.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:24 am

I haven't been able to get on since yesterday still not working Crying or Very sad

Lola
Regular
Regular

Female Number of posts : 69
Name: : Not given
RHU Cases: : 1
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.guineapig-rehoming-norfolk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hughy Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:55 am

just hoping things get back to normal soon as
hughy
hughy
RHU friend
RHU friend

Male Number of posts : 2718
Name: : hugh
RHU Cases: : 33
Registration date : 2008-02-21

http://www.freewebs.com/fourpawsrottie/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by leahnarry Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:09 am

can we not all use this site till the other one is back up and running?

just thinking at least we would all be on one site then and may beable to help better !

I think its really sad that the possible reason is slanda i wish people would stop being so silly at the end of the day its the animals that are now suffering !

hugs to all staff i know your doing all you can xxx
keep strong it will come right in the end x x x
Hugz1
leahnarry
leahnarry
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 273
Name: : LEAH DONNA COOPER
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:45 am

I doubt it's slander to be honest. Sounds more like it's just the issue with the domain name.

Doesn't seem like we can do anything then until Gilly comes online
(Edit: Scratch that, I see admin has sorted it so just waiting for domain registration company to update itself now)

i have logged on to free parking changed details myself plus sent details for vexy to do it, just waiting for nominet to update
so I agree we're probably best just using this forum for the time being. thumb
Cat Detective wrote:I hope it was not hacking - cos if it was, the scum who did it may have animals deaths on their hands.

I hope it wouldn't come to that! We can manage on here for a little while can't we? I don't think many Rescues that were on the other aren't on here anyway? Definitely think it would be a good idea to send out a mass email to all Rescues/members letting them know to use this one for the short term. (But obviously wont be able to send from the rescuehelpersunite.co.uk emails, will need to download the list of email addresses and send it from an external address, and best to do in batches otherwise your ISP might think you are a spammer!)
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TeresaK Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:58 am

It can't be anything to do with 'hacking' or the forum software itself. If you had a backup it's a simple job to get it back up and running again, unless no one's actually even looked at it yet.

The forum can't be taken down for alleged reports of slander so that's not right at all.

There are so many conspiracy theories! ROFL

Is it just that this Gilly can't be gotten hold of to get all the sign in details? Has anyone actually submitted a support ticket at all yet because the hosting company should be able to tell you what's going on and help sort it quickly.

If it IS an issue with Nominet you could be waiting some time depending on what's going on with them but if you're just updating contact details then that's done instantly.

What have the hosting company said Jod?

Last edited by TeresaK on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

TeresaK

Female Number of posts : 22
Name: : Teresa Kernighan
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by redditchlady Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 am

redditchlady
redditchlady
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Female Number of posts : 1919
Name: : Kazz
RHU Cases: : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TeresaK Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 am

You're kidding? What a day to choose to have off! Shocked

Did anyone manage to speak with them yesterday? Is there anything we can do to help?

TeresaK

Female Number of posts : 22
Name: : Teresa Kernighan
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 am

TeresaK wrote:It can't be anything to do with 'hacking' or the forum software itself. If you had a backup it's a simple job to get it back up and running again, unless no one's actually even looked at it yet.

Is it just that this Gilly can't be gotten hold of to get all the sign in details? Has anyone actually submitted a support ticket at all yet because the hosting company should be able to tell you what's going on and help sort it quickly.

If it IS an issue with Nominet you could be waiting some time depending on what's going on with them but if you're just updating contact details then that's done instantly.

What have the hosting company said Jod?

I do have a backup of the database and every file of the forum software etc. The forum and database are still there, they just can't be connected to from the domain as it is suspended.

I haven't spoken to the hosting company (don't think they've done it actually, it's the domain people) but from what I've read that admin has said, it's simply a case of the registration details needed updating so they contacted Gilly as the account was in her name, didn't get a reply so suspended it. Now I think Gilly has to contact Nominet before they will update it? Either that or it's just taking a while to update, not sure.
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:19 am

Just noticed something on the other site, it kept working one minute then not the next, but if you clear your cookies before you sign in again it seems to work ok thumb
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by redditchlady Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:12 am

Im in, via the back door so to speak. I had a 999 Yahoo groups error while modding this morning on Freecycle that was. I forgot I had a handy tool. I am in the USA at the moment lol!
redditchlady
redditchlady
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by red-devil0602 Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:36 am

we should have just stayed here, if it aint broke dont fix it :S
red-devil0602
red-devil0602
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1784
Name: : Ally
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KimIFA Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Can get on with jods link again now, to remind people the link is http://67.228.244.197/~zsfhgqtd/1_forum/ its very quiet on both forums.
KimIFA
KimIFA
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 768
Name: : Kim Houghton
RHU Cases: : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.kimhoughton-ifa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:24 pm

http://67.228.244.197/~zsfhgqtd/1_forum/ click on remember me and log in

i have just paid to update the details as they didnt even bother to get in touch with vexy. all details are now in my name but now iv read there having a day off i wonder if this will be sorted out tonight or tomorrow? im gonna send a mass pm on the other site with the link jods given.

nominet is the registry company for all .co.uk sites

free parking is where i bought the domain name

voda host is the hosting company that our forum is on.

any complaints if they went to nominet would not be able to remove the website as its downloaded to the server hence why we can get in through jods link.

but all being well who ever said what doesnt matter as nominet are going to sort it just might be tomorrow now

sorry guys.

sadly this was beyond my control and nothing i could have avoided

i only hope whoever said what to nominet feel guilty for the hassle they have caused rescues and volunteers.

it has really proven to me how much RHU is still needed no matter how many other sites are about.

thanks all for not giving up i can only apolagise for what was beyond my control and hopefully this will be the end!!!!
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by vexy Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 pm

I am really sorry & I am trying my best to get the details changed but have no password to get in to do it angry

If I have no luck tonight I will call them & see if I can get this sorted, I still have no idea why they have my details as I have never had any dealings with the domain & I'm very, very confused.

Again I am sorry this has happened & I am trying to do what I can, sorry I have not responded sooner but as some of you know I'm having chemo & have been quite poorly for the last couple of days, but I have forwarded all emails I have received from them to Kathryn as soon as I got them.

Fingers crossed this can be sorted asap crossed
vexy
vexy
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1751
Name: : Gilly
RHU Cases: : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://canecorsoukmolosserrescue.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:46 pm

i still cant get in using any links
phoenix
phoenix
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2013
Name: : jayne
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by redditchlady Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:26 am

Jayne, I couldn't either until I used an IP hider.

Fingers crossed it is sorted today. Gilly I| hope you feel better soon. hug
redditchlady
redditchlady
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 am

Me too, hope you feel better soon Hun.
Maybe we should just stay here, where we ( well most of you Embarassed ) know what you're doing and can solve problems that may arise. While this has all been goping on, the help we can offer the animals has got messed up. Better the devil you know...............
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 5213
Name: : Philippa
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by northwind Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:55 am

Could you do a mass pm explaining that it is a hosting/domain issue, and give people Jod's links that they can try to get into the new site?

I have been trying nearly hourly since Tuesday to get onto the new site, and only just found this thread on the old site by accident.

Transport runs, poundies and cats at vets are going to be running out of time :S

Appreciate that all of you are doing everything you can and that it is largely out of your hands. I just think a mass pm would get some more people back on line..
northwind
northwind
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 823
Name: : Nicky
RHU Cases: : 47
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by redditchlady Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:03 am

Copy of email Kat sent last night

please please save thsi email for future reference.

for reasons beyond staffs control the site has been unable to be accessed

please try http://67.228.244.197/~zsfhgqtd/1_forum/ you may need to click on the remember me to stay logged in.

please feel free to use the old forum for the time being the important sections have been left open.

if you go to forium help and suggestions we will no doubt keep you updated. all being well when nominet have finished there day off the site should be accesible for tomorrow.

Thankyou to all that have stuch with RHU and are helping us to sort this out. without the members supporting RHU and its staff we would not accomplish anything.

now please all fingers crossed by tomorrow this will all be passed us and we can concentrate on the future.

the good thing is its not to do with the server or host so it seems that this should never happen again Smile

again huge thanks all

Kathryn and the staff at RHU
redditchlady
redditchlady
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:51 am

get better soon vexy xxxx

still no news this end says:
It is not possible to change these details at this time. This is because a request is already being processed.

so depending i guess on any back log from there day off it should be sorted today?

also apologies for spelling i type in a hurry between sorting kids and dont get to re read it :$
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:03 am

just rang nominet they have done it and lifted suspension but its a waiting game for how long its accessible though iv been promised it will be today
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:06 am

========================================================================Your Nominet account Account Name: ALUContact Name: Kathryn GolightlyAccount Number: 9411577======================================================================== Dear Kathryn Golightly I am pleased to confirm that your request to change your account name from ALU to Kathryn Golightly has been accepted. The account information is shown below: Account name: Kathryn GolightlyTrading name: Rescue Helpers UniteAccount type: INDCompany number: WHOIS opt out: Opted Out You can check this information by logging into your account in online services. You can also check the accounts public details by searching for a domain name on the account using the WHOIS search tool. The WHOIS search tool can be found on our web site at http://www.nominet.org.uk. Please contact me if you have any questions. We would appreciate your feedback on your most recent experience of using our online service. Please take five minutes to complete the survey. http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/surveyonlineservices Your participation in this survey and the answers supplied will remain completely anonymous unless you choose to provide us with your email address. The results and statistics derived from this survey may be made public. Please be assured we will never share your email address with anybody else. Kind regards, Matthew Garnham Registrant ServicesT +44 (0) 1865 332244 F +44 (0) 1865 332288 E nominet@nominet.org.ukhttp://www.nominet.org.uk Nominet UK is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England under No. 3203859. Our registered office is Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4DQ, England.
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next