Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury

+2
kelly-joy
Paws Dawson
6 posters

Go down

Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Empty Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury

Post by Paws Dawson Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:12 am

Contact details: Sarah, through here is fine
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Just myself

Number of animals: 1
Type/Breed/Variety: Lop
Sex: Male?? see below
Age(s): 6+ years
Name(s): Taz
Colours: Harlequin
Neutered: Possibly, see below
Reason for rehoming: Handed over to me as unwanted
Temperament: Excellent
Medical problems: Blind in one eye & overweight but generally good.
Will the group be split: N/A
Transport available: Possibly yes

Basically I boarded Taz for his holidays and I admit it was a bit of a ploy to get him out of his previous home.
He has had at least 2 previous owners, the last of which tends to get bored of one animal and get another. In this case the new dog took priority and Taz's free run of the garden and indeed coming out of his hutch at all came to an end.

He has had a full vet check, he is overweight and is blind in one eye after he poked it on the mesh of his hutch that the dog chewed. This has now healed and youd never really know.
His sex is under debate, I was told he was male by the previous owner but after myself, 2 vets and a vet nurse have looked noone is really sure whether he is a neutered male or unknown female. He does have a large dewlap but to be honest hes got rolls of fat all over Rolling Eyes

He is now on a proper diet of burgess lite, grass, hay, fresh fruit and veg and is out in a run every day. Hes not the most active of bunnies but he just LOVES to be outside on the grass and I dont feel that he would be happiest as an indoor bunny.
He is very cuddly, you can do anything with him, cradle him in your arms etc and I have to admit we are all very attached to him here.

However... IF a suitable home where someone had more time for him and he could have a larger outdoor area or free run of a secure garden every day then I would like him to go to that home.
Purely because I have a house full here so am limited on time for him and am aware that I will need to move in the next 18months and have no idea if I will have a garden big enough for him and the ferret shed.

That said he WILL stay and be loved till the end of his days no matter what if the perfect home cannot be found.

Wed be very sorry to see him go unless it was to the right person / home. Here he is
Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Dax

Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Fattaz
Paws Dawson
Paws Dawson
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 202
Name: : Sarah
RHU Cases: : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Empty Re: Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:26 am

Sarah, are you a rescue?

Back to top Go down

Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Empty Re: Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury

Post by kelly-joy Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:50 am

Aww what a cutie I would have him but I have 4 rabbits already so think my oh would leave if I did.Hope he finds his perfect home soon hug
kelly-joy
kelly-joy
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 349
Name: : kelly-joy
Registration date : 2008-12-08

http://www.ukrcc.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Paws Dawson Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:19 pm

Julie H wrote:Sarah, are you a rescue?
Erm no not really :S Just found myself with these guys. Please move or delete if im in the wrong section sorry
Paws Dawson
Paws Dawson
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Would you like this moved to the Private rehomings needing Rescue backup Sarah?

We can appeal for back up then?

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybunny Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Looks like a doe to me..but a vet should be able to tell..a penis is more tube-like whereas a female bits are more of a triangle with a slit..
hope that helps?
You should establish sex before homing to prevent unwanted litters..and the bun is gorgeous..if fat!

honeybunny
Regular
Regular

Female Number of posts : 52
Name: : jill
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Paws Dawson Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:02 am

Sal wrote:Would you like this moved to the Private rehomings needing Rescue backup Sarah?
Yes please Sal!

honeybunny wrote:Looks like a doe to me..but a vet should be able to tell..a penis is more tube-like whereas a female bits are more of a triangle with a slit..
hope that helps?
You should establish sex before homing to prevent unwanted litters..and the bun is gorgeous..if fat!
Believe me, I dont know why but hes just not that easy to tell, one of the reasons I either need to rehome carefully or keep 'him' here because the only boy I have is already neutered so no chance of any accidents happening here.

I will be taking him in to see another vet who may be a bit more experienced next time were in..which is fairly often. So will update if she can shed any light on this one Rolling Eyes
Paws Dawson
Paws Dawson
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly-joy Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:13 am

wish I lived closer I tell you want sex he/she is good luck with the next vet
kelly-joy
kelly-joy
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:22 am

Oh bless him (or her!) he's beautiful! heart goodonu for being there for him. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybunny Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:04 am

I know it sounds gross but if you can take some pics of his/her genital area..close ups..and e mail them to me honeybunnysr@aol.com I'll see if I can tell

honeybunny
Regular
Regular

Female Number of posts : 52
Name: : jill
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly-joy Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:39 am

ok I am going to sound even grosser but if you put both thumbs either side of the genital area and gently push does anything pop out? if so its a boy and if nothing doesn't come out its likely to be a girl. if you post pics on here then between us all I am sure we will be able to tell for you.
kelly-joy
kelly-joy
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Solo Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:37 am

looks like a gorgegous bunny! hope he/she finds a new home soon
Flying_Solo
Flying_Solo
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 2229
Name: : Sophie
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://www.petsittinginprogress.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:25 am

Pm'd Paws Dawson for updates

Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Paws Dawson Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 am

Taz is still here lost some weight now and some extra fur ready for summer Smile
Paws Dawson
Paws Dawson
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

pm'd Sarah for a new update

Back to top Go down

Post by Paws Dawson Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:28 am

wave Taz is still here with us.

'She' as we're relitively sure she is, has been to see a more experienced vet who was also pretty baffled by her bits down below. Vet said shes never had to sit on the fence like that before but her money is on her being female. '

Taz is now vaccinated and microchipped.
Will get some new pics for you this week as shes looking a lot fitter thumb
Paws Dawson
Paws Dawson
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Anderson Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:12 am

Hi Sarah if you get desperate for a new home she! can come here with my Rabbits male and female both neutered, also my vet is a pro with Rabbits (he is also the vet for Bobtails Rescue). Mine live outside in a childrens wendy house with a run attached to the side and a cat-flap for access.

Jennax

Anderson
Regular
Regular

Female Number of posts : 82
Name: : Jenna Anderson
RHU Cases: : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by hmb1000 Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:04 am

Have PM'd Paws Dawson for an update
hmb1000
hmb1000
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1821
Name: : Helen Tuthill
RHU Cases: : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Paws Dawson Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:36 am

Sorry guys, took photos and totally forgot to upload them.

Thanks for your offer Anderson but in all honestly im looking for a home where she can have the run of the garden or smallish area (but larger than a run) The reason for this being that when shes in a run she just doesnt really exercise, she just lays down and she refuses to eat the grass!

We have to let her out the run when we can supervise her as we have a large garden with veg patches and foxes. When shes literally on the other side of it, shes eating grass like she never gets fed here! When shes in the run I have to pick grass for her and put it in her bowl for her to munch on Rolling Eyes

So, here she is with a little less fat on her.
Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Taz5

Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Taz1

And as you can see she is no longer nervous of the dog Laughing
Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Taz2

Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Taz3

Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Taz4

Her blind eye, the vet thinks she has no sight at all in this eye
Oldie Lop Bunny - Looking for luxury Tazeye
Paws Dawson
Paws Dawson
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down