Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details

+7
Jod
cracker
jennybloggs
gothmoth
ayrshiregal
Donnakeyko
twigletsmum
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details Empty Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:58 am

have quite a lot of spare time at the moment. I would happily e mail all the rescues I can find, and all dog papers/magazines and give them the RHU facts and details.
Would this be acceptable to Admin, Mods and Members?
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 5213
Name: : Philippa
RHU Cases: : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details Empty Re: Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:59 am

thumb

Gets my big thumbs up

Elaine Looga & Boston x

Back to top Go down

Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details Empty Re: Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:59 am

twigletsmum wrote:
I have quite a lot of spare time at the moment. I would happily e mail all the rescues I can find, and all dog papers/magazines and give them the RHU facts and details.

Phil......................I think this is great..................you go for it hun

Elaine Looga & Boston
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:01 am

Something along the following lines I thought? Anything I've missed, anything you would like changed?
Would all current rescues who use this forum PLEASE let me have your full contact details. When the letter is acceptable to everyone, I will get sending. I will keep you all informed as to where the letter has been sent.

Dear Editor,
I hope you will excuse my direct approach, but after you have read the following information, I wonder if you could grant us a few lines in your ( whichever) dog paper/dog magazine/dog publication, web site.
I am a member of a wonderful web site and forum, Rescue Helpers Unite, that is very different from the norm. We help rescues, rehome, transport, homecheck and foster, a huge amount of dogs manyof which are on death row in various pounds throughout Great Britain and Ireland. Dogs seem to be the greatest percentage, but we help ALL animals.
The site and forum have been up and running just under in a year now, and in that short space of time we have managed to help ?????? animals, an achievement of which we are very proud.
We would like all animal rescues to register with us, no charge of course, and would really love to have some more volunteers on board, to help with fostering, homechecking, transport, and hopefully the odd permanent home offered too.
The site address is ……………………………….
I can be contacted on………………………..
Thank you for your help .
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:02 am

twigletsmum wrote:
I have quite a lot of spare time at the moment. I would happily e mail all the rescues I can find, and all dog papers/magazines and give them the RHU facts and details.

Fantastic idea Philippa

Dont forget the forum is for all animals though not just dogs
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:04 am

Ooops, so sorry Embarassed
In transfering all the posts over, it looks as if they have all been posted by me. (Note to self......must get more PC knowledge) Very Happy
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:07 am

Right, first of all, I need everyones input on the following. Is there any point/need/desire/ to contact the biggies? RSPCA, Blue Cross, PDSA and Dogs Trust. If members opinions are split, I'll do a poll, and base it on the winner.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:11 am

Just read all my posts back, and it really sounds like I am trying to take over Rolling Eyes SO sorry everyone, this was not my intention at all. I'm just fired with enthusiasm and want to get on with it asap. If anyone else wants to do this, please let me know, and I'll step back. So sorry again. Embarassed
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnakeyko Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:30 am

lol

world domination next on the agenda? x
Donnakeyko
Donnakeyko
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 313
Name: : Donna McNab
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.jawt.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:32 am

Phil................you take over all you want I applaud your energy for this cause hun.

On a lighter note Im conserving my energy to go and dig out my car as its snowing like mad now up here eeek

Elaine Looga & Boston x

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:38 am

LOL, yes Donna, world domination for animal welfare is next on my agenda. Razz

Elaine, wish it was snowing here, my pointies would love it!!!! x
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:48 am

Oooooooo world domination sounds a must to me.

Phil.............send the pointies up to me..................they can dig the car out with pleasure lol.

My bullies think they are Thomson's Gazelles at the minute, talk about a spring in their step pmsl

Elaine Looga & Boston x

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:03 am

So far I have found the addresses for the following.....
Dog World
Our Dogs
Your Dog
Dog Magazine
K9magazine
Dogs monthly
Your dog
Horse and Hound
Horse and Rider
Horsemagazine
Your Horse
Horse deals
Horse and Pony
Your Cat
Cat World
Cat and Kitten
Fur and Feather
The Rabbit Warren
Exchange and Mart
Ad Trader

Anyone got anymore?
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrshiregal Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:24 am

http://www.cats.org.uk/thecat/

bird talk

cat fancy

dog fancy
ayrshiregal
ayrshiregal
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 2606
Name: : Mandy
RHU Cases: : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 am

lol! Sounds like a great idea Phil. Wishing you loads of luck with this! clap star

Back to top Go down

Post by gothmoth Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:28 am

dogs today, one of the feature writers is called Beverly, I could look out her contact details if you want,

gothmoth
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 242
Name: : jill Ellis
RHU Cases: : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jennybloggs Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:46 am

Go phil! clap
jennybloggs
jennybloggs
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2150
Name: : Carol
RHU Cases: : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrshiregal Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 am

Yes Beverley Cuddy
ayrshiregal
ayrshiregal
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:00 am

brill phil you go for it thumb

if you have the time and you come across well phillipa so it would be great

do you ave to get kathrines ok first the quicker the better as not sure on there closing dates Rolling Eyes
cracker
cracker
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 3716
Name: : Kim
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://www.freewebs.com/newforestanimalrescue

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:38 am

I expect so, or maybe just Julies, as she is now Admin too. I'll wait and see what she says first.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:45 am

Come on members, help me out here, pretty please with a bow on the top Laughing
Do we want to keep it smallish, or do we want to include the big rescues, RSPCA PDSA Blue Cross Dogs Trust. I know what I think, but I want to know what YOU all think.
Below is a copy of the final letter, unless you want it changed, by adding or deleting anything. Then whe and if we get Admins approval, I can start sending it. thanks

ear Editor,
Firstly, please excuse my approach directly to you.
Secondly, once you have read this letter, I am hoping that you may find a small space about us, in your publication.
In December 2007, a web site and a forum were born, with the simplistic, clear name of ‘Rescue Helpers Unite’. The name is exactly what we are about, a now very large group of people that help rescues to help animals. Here are a few details about RHU.

Non profit making.
Entirely voluntary
????? members.
1137 animals helped in 49 weeks.
Dogs and Cats appear to be numerically the most in need, but we will help any animal.
We homecheck, foster, transport, and assess all animals.
We cover the whole of Great Britain and Ireland.
We would welcome any animal rescues to join our forum and web site, no charge of course.
We would also welcome new volunteers to help wherever they can, even if it’s only to offer support.
Breed rescues are very welcome.

http:// rescuehelpersunite.forumotion.com
http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

I can be contacted at :- daisyandgang@yahoo.co.uk
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrshiregal Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 am

Sounds good phil, i wouldnt necessarily discount the larger rescues as often they are dealt with by branch and are volunteer run, the will also have access to alot of contacts, I feel there are so many rescues in england and wales and very few from up here, at least on rhu. Obv this is to do with statistics to a degree but if we can get more scottish recues on board too then its another avenue for the dogs/cats etc. I know with FTGH sadly the biggest percentage of places were down south altho to be fair so were the dogs alot of the time?! am i waffling now lol
ayrshiregal
ayrshiregal
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:11 am

This is a great idea Phil. Perhaps we could also do with a sort of press pack that can be sent to all these people including some images and stories of interesting cases?

I am at work at the mo but as soon as I get home will have a good read through all these ideas. Been so busy lately haven't had enough time for RHU, it's doing my head in!
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:13 am

This is a fab idea, but as it's in Kathryns name, it all has to be OK'd first. She is understandably a little distracted right now. But maybe one of teh mods can give her a ring and run it by her?
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 4378
Name: : Diane Simons
RHU Cases: : 72
Registration date : 2008-01-14

http://www.thedogmother.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LinzC Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:42 am

star Phillipa.
I would be happy to send this to my local papers and my sis will send it to her local papers up in Carlisle if this would be of any help ?
Anything else you think i could help with Phillipa just let me know thumb
LinzC
LinzC
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1741
Name: : Linz
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next