Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible to do RHU email appeal for funds?

+12
GSD Lifeline
Flying_Solo
Mrsmopp
LianneC
K9Karma
LinzC
twigletsmum
Jacobean
mafric
Admin
cracker
Jod
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Possible to do RHU email appeal for funds? Empty Possible to do RHU email appeal for funds?

Post by Jod Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:32 am

As there have been a lot of urgents added again over the last 24 hours and as Doris Banham Rescue cannot provide the rescue they usually would for these poundies, I was wondering if it would be a good/acceptable idea to send an email appeal (rather than PM as these aren't always received) to every registered RHU member, asking if they can donate £1-£2 to the RHU account to be passed to Rescues to help cover the costs of taking on some of the dogs, as they may be more likely to take them if they know some of the costs will be paid for them (I hope! :S )

What does admin/mods/members think of this? and would it be possible?

I just don't know what to do, it's so sad. I am going to try and organise some other fundraising things but it's hard when you have no time and few contacts!
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Possible to do RHU email appeal for funds? Empty Re: Possible to do RHU email appeal for funds?

Post by cracker Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:38 am

I think this is good idea its the amount of people that counts when raising money if most people donated £1 its surprising how much could be raised

I saw the list before i went to work about 6am and has been playing on my mind as i cannot possibly take any more as i still have some in kennels costing a bomb :S
cracker
cracker
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 3716
Name: : Kim
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://www.freewebs.com/newforestanimalrescue

Back to top Go down

Possible to do RHU email appeal for funds? Empty Re: Possible to do RHU email appeal for funds?

Post by Admin Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:15 am

yes it is possible to do
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mafric Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 am

ok, so how do i donate? Would prefer not to use paypal, i have issue with the fees.
mafric
mafric
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 500
Name: : Marie
RHU Cases: : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:13 am

I have been thinking about this lately and I think the only way to get around having fees for Paypal/credit cards etc. would be to use bank transfer or cheques, can't think of anything else that would be free.
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by mafric Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 am

paypal fees really tick me off, dont see why someone is paying fees on money that is basically being transferred from my bank account, will point out those buggers dont pay fees on it so why should whoever gets it? angry
mafric
mafric
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 500
Name: : Marie
RHU Cases: : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacobean Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:11 pm

Don't forget that RDR work tirelessly to help pound dogs too and have several in kennels at the moment. They can only keep doing this while they receive much needed funds.

Jacobean
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 464
Name: : Michelle
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:47 am

Jacobean wrote:Don't forget that RDR work tirelessly to help pound dogs too and have several in kennels at the moment. They can only keep doing this while they receive much needed funds.

goodpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:00 am

Perhaps the funds raised should be divided between the two rescues? I feel that RDR should have some funds too.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 5213
Name: : Philippa
RHU Cases: : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LinzC Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:32 am

hello

I'll def donate - just let me know how !!!!

Linz xxx
LinzC
LinzC
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1741
Name: : Linz
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:36 am

Well my original thought was that the money could go to smaller rescues to encourage them to take on some of the poundies that are stuck with nowhere to go, and therefore easing the burden of the bigger Rescues like DBDR and RDR. As long as it helps get the dogs moving from the pounds I don't suppose it matters which Rescue it goes to.

I was not meaning disregard RDR, they do absolutely amazing work Smile it just seemed there are quite a few poundies on the DBDR lists that might not get out this time and that is scary.

Not sure how I can get anything organised, there is the Paypal address - donations@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk - but for people who would rather not send via Paypal I don't know :S

I could have just set up a thread saying 'donate £1-£2' but I know that will only get the people who check here regularly, which is why I was hoping it could be an email thing to get all members involved (and make MORE MONEY!).
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by K9Karma Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:14 am

The reason there are more dogs on the DBDR lists is because they deal with a lot of pounds - dogs from three large pounds in Yorkshire, Durham, Cambs , Lincs, Swindon have all been listed. They have historically also provided a safety net to help other rescues who have been struggling to cope with their local pound lists.
RDR and DBDS are only small rescues relying entirely on roughly the same number of volunteers.
The difference is that RDR deal with only one small pound. To give them credit for the excellent relationship they have with their pound and the rescues they regularly contact not one single healthy dog has been put down there since they started working together.
If every pound had a local rescue working closely with it like this then the overall situation in this country would be so much better.
But they are not the only small rescues on here dealing with pounds.
There was the big PTS list a while back from the W Midlands pound.
Croydon pound dogs are listed by local rescues as are those from Dartford and Gravesend .
Dogs from Welsh pounds are listed.
HWAR covers Herefordshire pounds.
(Apologies to anyone I've left out - doing this from memory)
All rescues working with pounds deserve support but any monies forwarded to them should be "ring fenced" for poundies as some of these rescues take in from other sources too such as members of the public.

Last edited by K9Karma on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : more information /spelling)

K9Karma
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2556
Name: : Not given
RHU Cases: : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:35 am

Thank you for the clarification Karma. What I meant by smaller Rescues was the ones on here that take on maybe 5 or 6 dogs at a time, therefore in comparison RDR and DBDR could be considered "big" Rescues.
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:48 am

bumping. So can this be organised? Not quite sure what the feeling was on it.

Seeing more threads in the urgent section where people say they are turning down dogs as they cant afford the kennel space and I'm sure we, as a collective, could help raise a fair amount if we tried to get everyone, including the non-regular boardies, to chip in £2 or so.
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:50 am

I made a little graphic if this helps? Very Happy lol!

Possible to do RHU email appeal for funds? 2008-11_emergency-appeal

P.S If any other Rescues/websites would like to use the graphic please feel free to steal it
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:02 am

Best to wait til Kathryn comes online Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:15 pm

i still think its a good idea dont know how everyone feels though?
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LianneC Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:18 am

I say go for it. Love the graphic too Jo! Fantastic idea me thinks!
LianneC
LianneC
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 5779
Name: : Lianne
RHU Cases: : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsmopp Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:27 am

A poll maybe to get the general concensous?
Mrsmopp
Mrsmopp
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 274
Name: : Natasha
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:14 am

great idea well done jod clap
cracker
cracker
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:47 am

I may be the only one that feels like this but i would be really annoyed if i received begging emails pleading for donations, as you all know im on here regularly Smile. I pledge money when i am able to.

Who would be responsible for sending the emails if this went ahead and also how could we monitor this?

If all members logged on regularly they would see the plight also and if able to help will do so.

I think the mass monthly email updates could include a mention of donations. Just my humble opinion Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:59 am

ah true julie i'm sure there will be some who dont want to be mailed but if it was only done once a month and then could a link be put up on the fron of the site on hom page or something ,

i agree that you and many other regulars have been very kind and donated to many appeals on here but i suppose that a mass e-mail would get some people thinking that normally would't donate and if they donated even a pound or 2 then that is great we know times are hard for some and its up to the individual if they wish to or not :S

is there any way that some people could be excempt from the e-mails by choice Wink
cracker
cracker
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Julie H wrote:I may be the only one that feels like this but i would be really annoyed if i received begging emails pleading for donations, as you all know im on here regularly Smile. I pledge money when i am able to.

Yeah I know what you mean Julie, there are a lot of people that do come on every day pretty much and it is annoying that they would have to receive an email, but if it encouraged the other 1300+ members to get posting on the site/donating then I figure it's worth it Smile and I was only suggesting one email, perhaps we could even make it a Special Christmas appeal as it's getting closer to the time, so that hopefully wouldn't be too annoying.

Julie H wrote:Who would be responsible for sending the emails if this went ahead and also how could we monitor this?

I thought it was against the rules for members to send mass emails, so I assumed it would be either an admin or mod who could send out the email (plus I was hoping admin would have access to a list of members email addresses in the admin panel? If not then that does make it a bit more time consuming), then it would just be monitored by seeing the Paypal balance rising Very Happy (or at least that's what I hope would happen!)

Julie H wrote:I think the mass monthly email updates could include a mention of donations. Just my humble opinion Smile

Is there a mass monthly email? If so I don't think I've received any. scratch

I'm really pleased to see people discussing this now thanks
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Solo Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:30 pm

I think it is a good idea, to have an RHU fund pot, and then maybe once a month or when it reaches a certain amount we can have a poll to say where the money should go, based on majority opinion, or somethins similar, maybe the bulie board forum can tell us how they do it?
Flying_Solo
Flying_Solo
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 2229
Name: : Sophie

http://www.petsittinginprogress.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Yes there have been RHU monthly pm/email updates in the past, im sure its something that will continue again soon Very Happy

Im sure a pre Christmas mass pm plight could happen but will need Admin to clarify Wink

If any members who would like to donate to RHU which in turn will distribute monies accordingly then there is a paypal link at the top of the main page, which has always been there Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next