Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat sections

5 posters

Go down

Chat sections Empty Chat sections

Post by Ajay Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:44 am

So as not to add to any ongoing/argumentative posts I've put this in a new topic..

I hope the chat/members sections stay. While I see there would be less drama happening if this site was purely a database but I wasn't aware there was a similar site for chat etc (animalloversunite I believe it is?) until I read about it on a post today. I've never found it when googling for information and no one has ever mentioned it to me on other forums or on msn etc. I have found the answers to all my doggy questions here, on RHU. I've pm'd, e-mailed and openly on the forum asked members for advice and help and searched through the back catalogue of posts for more information.

It's thanks to the chat section that today my mum could walk Darwin out on her own without worrying about him hurting her by pulling. If I get a job in the north east I couldn't keep Darwin as I would like to if my mum couldn't help out by walking and handling him.

It's thanks to the chat section that I found remedies to have in store in case his upset tum returns.

I know many members who are here just to help rescues only read the URGENT 7 DAYS and foster home sections etc. Now that staff are on the case to sort out recent issues about pm'ing etc there is no reason for those people to need to know about any dramatic occurrances in the other sections.. So I for one, hope these sections stay. I might not have made the choice to have Darwin (he was given to me) but given the choice of whether to keep him or leave him behind, I kept him, and it's thanks to advice gained off members here with far more experience of dogs than I, that I can continue to keep him.

So.. a) Please don't let a couple of people spoil it for those of us who are gaining heaps from this site.

and b) thanks to all of you who keep this site going. It might be having a few problems at the moment but keep it up, it's not just the hundreds of rescued animals you help, those of us living with them are being helped too

Ajay xxx
Ajay
Ajay
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 443
Name: : Amy Cockerill
RHU Cases: : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Chat sections Empty Re: Chat sections

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:56 am

thanks Amy hug

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyCat Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:59 am

gdpost

Well said Ajay
AllyCat
AllyCat
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 379
Name: : Donna
RHU Cases: : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:05 am

That's really nice Amy, and you're right, this place is full of people with great animal knowledge and it's a massive asset to us all Very Happy

When I said perhaps it would be better as databases only here, as Kathryn had originally planned, I didn't mean without any general chat at all, I just meant that perhaps people could use the other site for chatting. This site could then be used solely for serious business between rescues and volunteers, that way maybe avoiding any personal arguments between members. I would be sad if it did change that way but if it was best for the animals then I wouldn't mind.

I was just thinking out loud anywho, as Kathryn had mentioned this before. Of course it's up to her anyway, but hopefully all opinions and suggestions are welcomed thumb

Ajay wrote:and b) thanks to all of you who keep this site going. It might be having a few problems at the moment but keep it up, it's not just the hundreds of rescued animals you help, those of us living with them are being helped too

Ajay xxx

gdpost
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajay Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:24 am

Jod wrote:When I said perhaps it would be better as databases only here, as Kathryn had originally planned, I didn't mean without any general chat at all, I just meant that perhaps people could use the other site for chatting.

I understand completely that a database only site would work etc but I wouldn't have found the other site without this one, it didn't show up on my google searches, this one did. So I think it's important that the information is readily available either on here directly or with a better link to the other site (I've found soo many pages here today that I didn't know the site had! Think I'll draw a map for other new people lol!).

I for one don't mind how many forums I have to join to get the information I need and help the animals but some people maybe aren't so technically minded and don't want/know how to find it elsewhere.

...There must still be hope for this site - no one's shot me down for being an interfering newbie yet zip (joke!)
Ajay
Ajay
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 443
Name: : Amy Cockerill
RHU Cases: : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:01 pm

thanks it means more than u will know xxx
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:09 am

I understand completely that a database only site would work etc but I wouldn't have found the other site without this one, it didn't show up on my google searches, this one did. So I think it's important that the information is readily available either on here directly or with a better link to the other site (I've found soo many pages here today that I didn't know the site had! Think I'll draw a map for other new

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbietocoi Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:26 pm

THNAKS YOU . GREAT

Bobbietocoi

Male Number of posts : 3
Name: : Raker
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content