Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of policies of RHU

5 posters

Go down

List of policies of RHU Empty List of policies of RHU

Post by Jod Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:50 am

I think it would be a good idea for us to have a document that lists some general policies of RHU and the processes needed (ie rescue backup before foster/transport) to ensure that it is clear to everyone what RHU is about and new members will understand how things work and what they should and shouldn't do. (Unless there is already something like this somewhere and I just haven't seen it?)

Also, if there was ever some sort of problem when things haven't been done properly then RHU hopefully couldn't be said to have been to blame as the rules and guidance would be clearly stated.

Opinions? wave
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

List of policies of RHU Empty Re: List of policies of RHU

Post by twigletsmum Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:40 am

Jo, It's in the pipeline, I believe crossed
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 5213
Name: : Philippa
RHU Cases: : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Perhaps all rescues should list their own policies too when registering?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:16 pm

there is a thread for that..but I can't find it :S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:05 am

Ah! well that would explain why I didn't see it as I never visited general chat much before this last fortnight (if at all). Isn't there a better place to put that post, somewhere where all rescues will see it and complete the details required?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacobean Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:19 am

The rescues each have their own sets of policies and some have guidelines to issue to volunteers. I would say it's best for RHU not to take the responsibility for that at all so that if any instances occur they are not liable at all.

What RHU can do is to only allow reputable rescues that have clear and good policies to post here.

I realise that can be pretty tricky to do. As forum hosts can't physically check out and inspect all of the rescues concerned.

I would hope that volunteers would continue to speak up if things go wrong so that the truth is always out in the open and can be dealt with for the sake of the welfare of volunteers and dogs.

What RHU can do is to post rules on the policies they feel rescues that post here should have eg vaccinating, worm/flea treating, neutering, homechecking, and information that should be given to volunteers who wish to help.

Volunteers in turn should question who they are helping exactly and is the help they are giving benefiting the dogs. Never be afraid to ask rescues questions if you're unsure of anything. If they are evasive that is a bad sign. Sometimes we don't have all of the info about a dog. Health issues, temperament etc. It's up to you to decide if you can cope with certain things that may crop up while transporting etc.

I'm now starting to sound a bit garbled so I'll stop waffling.

I must say I do keep struggling with this forum as there seem to be so many sections and sub forums within forums. I'm sure I miss most of them.

Last edited by Jacobean on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Jacobean
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 464
Name: : Michelle
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 am

there will be a rules section watch this space it will have rules disclaimers templates and everything forum wise in it Very Happy

all rescue reps will go down to a greenie untill there policy is on the forum Very Happy
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 am

also the forum will be undergoing a temporary closure at some silly stupid o clock so it can be cleared up and rearranged Very Happy
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:12 am

Back to top Go down

Post by hackertrang87 Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:14 am

I realise that can be pretty tricky to do. As forum hosts can't physically check out and inspect all of the rescues concerned.

I would hope that volunteers would continue to speak up if things go wrong so that the truth is always out in the open and can be dealt with for the sake of the welfare of volunteers and dogs.

custom neon sign
Furniture Removals and Storage

hackertrang87

Male Number of posts : 10
Name: : Pham The
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:37 am

prototype outsourcing
cork hotels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down