Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOBILE MICROCHIPPING - IN AND AROUND ROMFORD/BRENTWOOD

3 posters

Go down

MOBILE MICROCHIPPING - IN AND AROUND ROMFORD/BRENTWOOD Empty MOBILE MICROCHIPPING - IN AND AROUND ROMFORD/BRENTWOOD

Post by Goldie Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:59 pm

I have been trained in microchipping. This is NOT a moneymaking concern, if anything I am still shy of making anything due to the cost of training and buying the start up kit and I only do about one a fortnight, so you can see I am not using this site to making money out of animals.
That said, I microchip in people's homes within reason - I live in Romford. I only charge 15 pounds for the first pet and ten pounds for the second pet on same day. 3 pounds of that goes to a local cat rescue centre.
I have chipped about 20 cats now.
I have not had experience with dogs yet although I am certified to chip cats, dogs, rabbits and gp's.
I would not attempt staffies again as they are so thickskinned it hurts them and they need to be done by an experienced vet. But if anyone has some small dogs with loose skin who want chipping I will do my first few for ten pounds only until I get more experience.
Actually, I just want people to get their pets microchipped as it could stop the pounds and large dog rescue concerns from putting them to sleep (i.e. killing them).
PLEASE PLEASE encourage people to chip their animals. Lauren 07956 301 378 after 15 March 2009.
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1349
Name: : Lauren Grace
RHU Cases: : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

MOBILE MICROCHIPPING - IN AND AROUND ROMFORD/BRENTWOOD Empty Re: MOBILE MICROCHIPPING - IN AND AROUND ROMFORD/BRENTWOOD

Post by Starlights Rabbit Rescue Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Im in Dagenham and run a rabbit rescue, would you be able to do loads, for a discount? As i would be interested in starting to chip buns, but with around 30 here at a time, it will be very costly!
Starlights Rabbit Rescue
Starlights Rabbit Rescue

Female Number of posts : 47
Name: : Christine
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.starlightsrabbitrescue.co.uk

Back to top Go down

MOBILE MICROCHIPPING - IN AND AROUND ROMFORD/BRENTWOOD Empty Re: MOBILE MICROCHIPPING - IN AND AROUND ROMFORD/BRENTWOOD

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Pm'd Lauren.

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi, I am not in it for profit, just want animals safe. Why don't you buy your own chips and forms via me, more you buy the cheaper it is. Then I will charge you a couple of quid for time and petrol. It will save you heaps and when you rehome you can charge for the chipping and use any profit to help the bunny wunnies. It will mean you have to outlay the money for the chips first but it will save you heaps and heaps in the longrun. Perhaps someone on RHU will donate the money towards getting yourself started with some chips. You can buy 10, 20 and more and more at a time with each mutiple of ten making it cheaper. I usually only buy 20 at a time as it is all I can afford and often chip for free if the person won't fork out or if I m rehoming from my place (cats). Lauren, 07956 301 378, 07931 661 380 --- xxxx

(Even if new homes don't want to pay for the chipping, the animals are registered to myself under my chipping code, so would end up back with you if lost. Or you can just include the price of chipping in the donation.)
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy&Co Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Goldie wrote:I
I would not attempt staffies again as they are so thickskinned it hurts them and they need to be done by an experienced vet.

I have chipped plenty of staffies Lauren, they are no different to any other dog, it is just a case of practise to build up confidence so please don't be put off. In my experience vets are some of the worst chippers going!

Tracy
Ziggy&Co
Ziggy&Co
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 655
Name: : Tracy
RHU Cases: : 33
Registration date : 2007-12-23

http://www.animals-in-need.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi Tracy, thanks for that, but I have only actually chipped cats - there were dogs at the course so I saw it done but I think I need to start with some smaller dogs to, as you say, build up confidence. I am very quick and confident with cats.

I would like to get more experience with dogs, Kymm White said I could come and chip hers, it would mean cheap chipping and I'd gain experience.

I tried to chip my friend's staff and I only touched him with the needle and he yelped. Perhaps it is because I know him too well. But you have to admit they are very muscly stocky dogs. Also it is only in the past couple of years I have had much to do with dogs so it may just be a little nervousness of the unknown as well.

Thanks, think I will start with baggy skinned dogs first and worth my way up to Staffies.

Does that make me a coward?
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down