Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details

+7
Jod
cracker
jennybloggs
gothmoth
ayrshiregal
Donnakeyko
twigletsmum
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details - Page 2 Empty Re: Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:51 am

TheDogmother wrote:This is a fab idea, but as it's in Kathryns name, it all has to be OK'd first.

I have spoken to Kathryn regarding this thread. She is happy for this idea to go ahead clap

But please bear in mind, the number of rescues that join must equal the amount of new non rescue member joining.

If this doesnt happen the forum will not be able to cope.

thanks all for your support clap

Back to top Go down

Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details - Page 2 Empty Re: Contacting dog papers, magazines and rescues with RHU details

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:58 am

I think Jo's idea of a 'Press Pack' is a really good one and will actually give people something to really get their teeth into. The letter is good, and obviously it's important to give them statistics, but they really need something meaty (so to speak) to really create a story around.

I'll try and think up a few ideas. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:25 am

We need coverage in your normal dog & cat mags that ordinary people read so we can get more volunteers. And places like Pets at home.

If a poster is designed, I'm sure we can all get one to every pets at home can't we?
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 4378
Name: : Diane Simons
RHU Cases: : 72
Registration date : 2008-01-14

http://www.thedogmother.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks everyone, so can we all have a think what we could feature in the press pack, and I'll place more importance on the need for extra volunteers. If any breed rescues join us, I would imagine that some of their helpers would join too. Everyones input and ideas are very welcome as we need to get this advertising right, from the very start. thanks all.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 5213
Name: : Philippa
RHU Cases: : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:42 am

would it be ok to put a footnote onto our posters ? We are doing a publicity drive leading up to Christmas and thought that might be a good idea :S
The posters go nationwide as we help nationally

If anyone can put up posters anywhere please let me know

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:45 am

http://www.vocalist.org.uk/publicity_press_packs.html

Info on producing a press pack. Aimed at musicians, but the principals are teh same. Maybe we could approach a college for assistance?
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by LinzC Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:57 am

One of my best friends runs a pr company which is for night clubs, dj's etc but he may well have some good ideas that could also be applied to this.
When i speak to him i will see if he has any suggestions that may help this.
LinzC
LinzC
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1741
Name: : Linz
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Excellent!
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:11 pm

You guys are amazing, you always come up trumps hug
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:44 pm

I say a massive gdpost to this and YES contact ALL rescues.
I think we should be putting these msgs in local papers as well as the animal magazines and that way we may well draw up some more volunteers as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:03 pm

Would it be possible please for members in all areas of GB and Ireland to send a letter to their local newspaper.? crossed

Ali, a footnote on your posters would be wonderful, thank you Hun.

Lindsay, your friends ideas would be very welcome, thank you.

Diane, Thanks for the link Hun. Would it be possible for you to make a list of what we require for the press pack, whilst I get on emailing all the mags please?

If I have missed anyone out who has offered anything, I'm really sorry, and I do thank you very sincerely.

Phil x
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:05 am

bump
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by LinzC Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:04 am

Good Morning Smile
I would be happy to send letters to my 2 local newspapers - the andover advertiser and the salisbury journal, and also my sis will send them to the news and star and the cumberland news ( up in carlisle )
I'm not very good at putting words together lol but if the letter could be posted on here i will copy it down and get it sent asap !!!

I managed to have a ( very ) brief chat with my friend last night, i will hopefully have a longer conversation with him tonight. A few things he has found to work with publicity are as follows :
He put ads in local newspapers and also magazines of interest - he did say he had to write to them etc a few times befor they would place an article about his company and it's benefits. But while he was waiting he paid for a spot in the advertising section.
He placed posters up almost any where he could and also is looking into hiring a bill board for a little while.
He went to the local radio station, who then did a little piece.
Internet advertising on sites of interest.
Also one of the best ways is word of mouth which can spread quickly - he helped this along with a facebook group which he said he got quite alot of bussiness from as he passed it along to through his friends who then pass it on to theirs etc etc.
I think that's it for now but like i said i should be speaking to him later on today when he has a bit more time - he's a little busy at the mo to say the least due to it being party season lol!

Anything else at all i can help with just let me know !!!
LinzC
LinzC
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:18 am

Thanks Lindsay, much appreciated.
Is there anyone who would be willing to do a facebook group for us. It's not within my capabilities, you know. Razz
I will do a finalised letter today, pop it on here, and then if there are no objections to the final contents it can be copied and sent. Once again, I thank everyone for the help offered.
I will also design a poster and get that up on here too.

Last edited by twigletsmum on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:20 am

My e mail address is

daisyandgang@yahoo.co.uk

Anyone who is willing to put up posters. send letters to their local paper etc etc, or offer any other form of help, please let me know and send me your e mail address, otherwise we are going to take up pages and pages on the forum. I will obviously keep everyone updated on how things are going, who is helping and what we have managed to cover so far. x
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by LinzC Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:35 am

My e mail is lndsycrns@yahoo.co.uk for anything you need.
I can get at least 3 posters put up round here and my sis will be able to get a few up in Carlisle - the only thing is my printer is playing up so i can't print them off.
But if some could be posted to me i can get them up.
Also i think i can get a face book group started, i have my own facebook page and can get my friend to show me how to do a group thumb
Is it ok with mods, admin etc for the group to be called rhu as it will be all about rhu - just have a link to the web site and any questions people may have about joining rhu could be asked on the rhu group ????
LinzC
LinzC
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:37 am

twigletsmum wrote:Is there anyone who would be willing to do a facebook group for us. It's not within my capabilities, you know. Razz

There is already a Rescue Helpers Unite group thumb

https://www.facebook.com/s.php?ref=search&init=q&q=rhu&sid=f7e31aa719a17a95422b6e3f97664a87#/group.php?gid=13218048045&ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by LinzC Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:40 am

Great stuff - i searched last night on my face book but could'nt find it lol!
Must be my pc capabilities again !!!
LinzC
LinzC
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:59 am

......me too Linz Razz
If you can PM me your home address I will send you some posters. RHU already has a very good one, but there is loads on it, and I think we need to concentrate on Volunteers at the moment.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:57 pm

bump
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by LinzC Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:50 am

Bump again lol
LinzC
LinzC
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:53 am

I am ready to start sending out the e mails and letters.( on previous page) Has anyone got any comments on it before it goes out? Speak now, or forever hold your peace. Razz

I shall be working on the poster today.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:30 am

I'm short on time, brain power, and health right now Phillipa, you go ahead, I trust you
xxx
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by westfield54 Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:11 am

If you could send a poster by email - we can print off how many we want and distribute locally.

westfield54

westfield54
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 220
Name: : Pauline
RHU Cases: : 28
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:46 am

Thanks Pauline,
Can you PM me your e mail address please?
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next