Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foster homes needed, cats & dogs

5 posters

Go down

Foster homes needed, cats & dogs Empty Foster homes needed, cats & dogs

Post by spottycharlie Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi, I'm a volunteer for www.pawzforthought.org and at the minute we have lots of Dogs & Cats needing foster homes.
A lot of people have thought about fostering but don't always know what it involves so here's my account.
firstly you need to get in touch with the rescue centre and they will go through a few things with yourself, is your garden secure etc. I then got a visit from the rescue to introduce myself and them to meet me.
With me having two dogs of my own (2 dalmatians) I find it best to choose which dog I think will get along with mine.
My two dogs have got on well with all the foster dogs I have had on, I tend to look on the site and see what needs fostered and then introduce my two and if they get on fine they come home with me.
I do get involved with the homechecks and introductions but this is something I like to do not something that you have to do.
You can have a foster in from 24 hours to up to now our longest one was 9 weeks.
We tend to feed our foster on what our own two dogs eat but the rescue can provide food if needed.
All foster homes have to be in the north east as Pawz use vets in this area.
Fostering is so rewarding for me, I can help out dogs in need, they are treated as one of my own and it is sad when they leave for their new home but knowing they have gone to a good home which I have had an input into is a good feeling and most owners keep in touch to keep me updated.
So if you are considering fostering and fancy doing it for pawz, fill in the enquiry form on their site or give them a ring.
spottycharlie
spottycharlie
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Female Number of posts : 103
Name: : Not given
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Foster homes needed, cats & dogs Empty Re: Foster homes needed, cats & dogs

Post by echobeach2008 Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:24 pm

i put a post in twice asking any rescue if they had an oldie i could foster and no one hardly replied to my post so i was offering to help any rescue in a way but gsd rescue have plenty ildies that need a quiet place in the near future many of you would have seen my post and didn t pm me .never mind we are all here to help

echobeach2008
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1857
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by spottycharlie Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:59 am

Pawz wouldn't have got in touch as you are too far away from us as we are up in the north east, newcastle, durham, Sunderland, Gateshead etc.
Have you tried getting in touch with rescues in your area?
spottycharlie
spottycharlie
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by echobeach2008 Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 am

spottycharlie wrote:Pawz wouldn't have got in touch as you are too far away from us as we are up in the north east, newcastle, durham, Sunderland, Gateshead etc.
Have you tried getting in touch with rescues in your area?
it dooesn t matter i have found gsr and another rescue but doing one at a time and if i can help out any other way i will be willing to help sorry for sounding a bit off i do apoligise wave

echobeach2008
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1857
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy236 Thu May 08, 2008 6:00 am

Is Sheffield too far??
daisy236
daisy236
Regular
Regular

Female Number of posts : 57
RHU Cases: : 1
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:48 am

pm'd spottycharlie to update

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarbum Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:01 pm

pm'd spottycharlie
sugarbum
sugarbum
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Female Number of posts : 3589
Name: : abbie
RHU Cases: : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Detective Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 pm

echobeach2008 wrote:i put a post in twice asking any rescue if they had an oldie i could foster and no one hardly replied to my post so i was offering to help any rescue in a way but gsd rescue have plenty ildies that need a quiet place in the near future many of you would have seen my post and didn t pm me .never mind we are all here to help

Aww I am sure someone will take up your kind offer - there is so much need out there for good kind foster homes !
Cat Detective
Cat Detective
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 656
Name: : Debbie
RHU Cases: : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-19

http://felinenetwork.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by spottycharlie Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:38 pm

We always need foster homes but we are based up in the north east, Sunderland, Newcastle etc. and so are the vets we use so we prefer to keep it local.
If there was a problem with one of our dogs, cats, small furries we would need to get to them asap and this isn't always possible if they are quite some distance away.
spottycharlie
spottycharlie
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down