Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP *FOUND* Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham)

+8
clutha
jennie71
EmCHammer
lester
cracker
Cgoodvibes
GSD Lifeline
Ruby's Mum
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HELP *FOUND*  Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham) Empty HELP *FOUND* Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham)

Post by Ruby's Mum Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:34 am

Hi All

I know strays need to go to the pounds but it is on answer phone, the dog wardens number is also on answer phone. My brother in law found it wandering the streets in the road. He is a staffy or staffy x and looking at him he has sight problems. Got into the car happy enough and was reluctant to get out. Bro in law came here cos he knows I am on here and we have a dog and would know what to do. What do I do next?

Thanks
Ruby's Mum
Ruby's Mum
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 856
Name: : Wendy
RHU Cases: : 27
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

HELP *FOUND*  Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham) Empty Re: HELP *FOUND* Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham)

Post by GSD Lifeline Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 am

Ring around local vets incase anyone has reported him missing.
Maybe if vets are open take him there to see if he is chipped.
GSD Lifeline
GSD Lifeline
Addicted
Addicted

Male Number of posts : 2412
Name: : Chris
Registration date : 2008-03-15

http://www.gsdlifeline.com

Back to top Go down

HELP *FOUND*  Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham) Empty Re: HELP *FOUND* Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham)

Post by Cgoodvibes Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:39 am

well you could take him to the police station or it would be far better for him if he was chipped then he could maybe be reunited with his owner, i doubt hes chipped thou? If you have a cage take him home and make him comfy.. well thats what i would do until the morning hugs
Cgoodvibes
Cgoodvibes
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Female Number of posts : 112
Name: : cindi mcneil
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by GSD Lifeline Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:48 am

Police stations now dont take stray dogs as far as I am aware.
GSD Lifeline
GSD Lifeline
Addicted
Addicted

Male Number of posts : 2412
Name: : Chris
Registration date : 2008-03-15

http://www.gsdlifeline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 am

no police dont take them no more but you would be best to phone them and let them know you have found the dog as if someone is looking for him thats one of the first places they would phone/go thumb

and as said also get him to vets to check for a chip local vets might even reconise him Wink
cracker
cracker
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 3716
Name: : Kim
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://www.freewebs.com/newforestanimalrescue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby's Mum Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks all, I don't have a cage so not an option but have got in touch with out of hours solihull connect and they have taken details from Bro in law and he is taking back home with him until they get back in touch. Took some pics and will post on dogslost when Bro in law lets us know what is happening.

Thanks all crossed
Ruby's Mum
Ruby's Mum
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby's Mum Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Also apparently the police don't deal with them now they only have a responsibility to deal with stray dogs if they are considered dangerous....
Ruby's Mum
Ruby's Mum
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by lester Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Where was he found and what colour markings does he have. ( ie he may be a known escaper)

lester
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Male Number of posts : 113
Name: : lester mundy
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Pm'd Wendy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby's Mum Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:02 pm

Hiya

Here are some pics am yet to hear from Bro in law as to where this old man has been taken. He is entire, one eye is very poorly not sure about the other. Has an injury to his dew claw (left). Had a drink and some kibbles which he gobbled up and likes gravy bones.

He seems quite placid, responds better to male voices but that might be because they are stronger and louder, perhaps his hearing is not great?

For his age he looks in reasonable condition, I do hope someone is searching for him crossed

[img]HELP *FOUND*  Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham) SDC10054s[/img]

[img]HELP *FOUND*  Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham) SDC10057s[/img]

HELP *FOUND*  Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham) SDC10058s

HELP *FOUND*  Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham) SDC10060s
Ruby's Mum
Ruby's Mum
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby's Mum Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Also he was found wandering in the road in Bosworth Drive area of Chelmsley Wood, Solihull this evening.
Ruby's Mum
Ruby's Mum
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by EmCHammer Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 pm

have pm'ed you

EmCHammer
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 282
Name: : Emma Clarke
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jennie71 Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:10 pm

awww, he looks worried, poor boy hug I hope he's claimed x
jennie71
jennie71
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 1854
Name: : Jennifer
RHU Cases: : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby's Mum Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 pm

He had a wander in our garden and peed on my motorcycle... clearly not impressed with it eh LOL. I think he may be quite old and I wonder if he is Staffy/Lab he seemed quite placid but grumbled when I was taking the photo's. Perhaps the flash upset his one better eye.

I do hope someone is looking for him crossed

Thanks for the pm have replied Very Happy
Ruby's Mum
Ruby's Mum
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:22 pm

will move to the right section.

Back to top Go down

Post by clutha Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Ruby's Mum wrote:Also apparently the police don't deal with them now they only have a responsibility to deal with stray dogs if they are considered dangerous....

or a danger to traffic

clutha
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 83
Name: : Not given
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by heva Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm

like said to someone else its pants but has to go DW tomorrow as if someone is looking for him then thats where they will look.
Not all dogs out there that look ill have been badly treated etc....he could be on medication etc so everyone has to be given benefit of doubt!!! at least you then have 7 days to try and help him out
heva
heva
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 624
Name: : Heather
RHU Cases: : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby's Mum Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Thanks for moving to right place mods.

Have completed the K9 found dog form and submitted.

He is in Harvest Hill Cottage Kennels overnight (Coventry) and will be going to B'ham pound in the morning. He was scanned, no chip found.
Ruby's Mum
Ruby's Mum
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by LinzC Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 pm

crossed for him x
LinzC
LinzC
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1741
Name: : Linz
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Wendy? Is it possible to ask them to get him vet checked? I read somewhere that it "could" be a certain type of cancer that makes the one eye reflect a funny colour on a flash photo? If it is, it might help track down his owners vets. Or it might indicate why he is no longer with his owners?

Cross posted to doglost.co.uk
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 4378
Name: : Diane Simons
RHU Cases: : 72
Registration date : 2008-01-14

http://www.thedogmother.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HaverhillCats Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:31 pm

My Harry's eyes are both like that and have been since we adopted him 3 years ago. The vet says its a type of cateract. You only notice it in certain light, and always in photos - luminous green.

Poor boy looks so bewildered. I do hope he'll be Okay and some distraught owner comes looking for him.

HaverhillCats
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 369
Name: : Julia Sowden
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://www.oneliferescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Cateracts can make photos look different like that too. But a vet will know if it's that or the worser option.
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by HaverhillCats Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm

This is a typical Harry pic, showing the eyes. Agree, it needs to be checked by a vet.
HELP *FOUND*  Stray dog found 10 mins ago what can I do? (B'ham) Picture038-1

HaverhillCats
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 369
Name: : Julia Sowden
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://www.oneliferescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:49 pm

TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDogmother Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Founf that "thing" about eye cancer and flash photos ....
http://www.daisyseyecancerfund.org/rb/eye/photography.html
TheDogmother
TheDogmother
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next