Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm collecting collars, leads, dog coats

+6
Mags
Ajay
dawny30
blueribbonuk
Jod
twigletsmum
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm collecting collars, leads, dog coats Empty I'm collecting collars, leads, dog coats

Post by twigletsmum Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:00 am

...for Mill Rescue. They do a wonderful job, and never ask for a penny, and are really struggling in this economic climate, as are many. I am doing posters to put up in local vets, pet shops and notice boards. I will then go and collect any that are offered, and then send them to Mill Rescue. Has anyone any ideas as to where/how I could collect some more? thanks
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 5213
Name: : Philippa
RHU Cases: : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

I'm collecting collars, leads, dog coats Empty Re: I'm collecting collars, leads, dog coats

Post by Jod Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:40 am

Hmmmm, maybe a big bucket in pet shops with a sign saying - 'Buying a new collar/lead/jacket? Why not donate your old ones to Rescue dogs?'

Maybe also try and advertise with local trainers? They could pass the message on to their clients.
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

I'm collecting collars, leads, dog coats Empty Re: I'm collecting collars, leads, dog coats

Post by blueribbonuk Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:43 am

check your free cycle to
blueribbonuk
blueribbonuk
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 3236
Name: : tracey
RHU Cases: : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-22

http://www.homes4dogs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dawny30 Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:55 am

[quote="Jod"]Hmmmm, maybe a big bucket in pet shops with a sign saying - 'Buying a new collar/lead/jacket? Why not donate your old ones to Rescue dogs?' yea why dont you stick one in pets at home near you

and well done what a fab idea .
dawny30
dawny30
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 1116
Name: : dawn
RHU Cases: : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajay Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 am

They can have Darwin's coat - I ordered one off the net and it was HUGE, I measured him properly etc but they made it 4inches too long :S but I was away when it arrived so couldn't send it back.. It's brand new Smile
Ajay
Ajay
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 443
Name: : Amy Cockerill
RHU Cases: : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 am

Thanks Amy, have PM'd you my address
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:12 am

Would it not be easier to send to Mill direct?

Save 2 lots of postage Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:14 am

Probably Sal, I just thought it would save them getting odd little parcels here and there, but it doesn't really matter, as long as they get them. Either to Mill Rescue direct then, or to me. Thanks everyone.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajay Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 am

Thanks Philippa, got it. Will send it on this week. Will see if I can find anything else too

I assumed Philippa would be taking a few together rather than them getting lots of bits and pieces..
Ajay
Ajay
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 443
Name: : Amy Cockerill
RHU Cases: : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:40 am

No worries. It all helps Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:52 am

We are very greatful for anything at the moment. Its so cold & wet, we have no washing facilites due to lack of water, the pipes are so old that they keep freezing. So any old bedding, vet bed type would be great. As we still have the little pups here too. Thank you Phil for organising this, your a star.

Mags x
Mags
Mags
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 455
Name: : Maggie Coveney
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.millrescue.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:27 am

My pleasure Mags. hug
If any of you are feeling generous ( as it's the New Year Wink )
could you pop a blanket, a piece of Vetbed, etc in the post to Mags please.It hasn't got to be new, and each one donated really helps. Imagine how hard it is without running water in this freezing weather. The address is

Mill Rescue
Slatehouse Farm
Rainwalls Lane
Sutterton
Lincolnshire
PE20 2HY

thanks

I am going to put an advert on my local Freecycle too. Thanks for that idea.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Missymoo Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:48 am

I will go and buy some collars and leads and send them. Is it to the above address or do you want me to send to you Philippa.
Missymoo
Missymoo
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2655
Name: : Leanne McDaid
RHU Cases: : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Oh Lianne, thank you, that it so kind. Send them to wherever suits you best Hun hug
Will PM you my address so you can choose.

thanks
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueribbonuk Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:02 pm

i will put poster up in my pet shop and ask anyone that is buying new collars, leads etc to donate their old in a box for millrescue.
my pet shop is very good they have millrescue cards in there and mags has had quite a few people home dogs from cambridge as richard and julie (petshop owners) always praise the rescue. my fosters frequently pay them a visit for a cuddle and a treat of course.
blueribbonuk
blueribbonuk
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 3236
Name: : tracey
RHU Cases: : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-22

http://www.homes4dogs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Missymoo wrote:I will go and buy some collars and leads and send them. Is it to the above address or do you want me to send to you Philippa.

star Leanne Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:33 pm

I have some new saddle pads that I use for dog mats, they are huge and my lot love them! Would be happy to donate some, however postage would be too high! Any transport runs going this way am happy to chuck some in!
Tinkerbell
Tinkerbell
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 646
Name: : Not given
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi tinkerbell, Can you tell me some more about these saddle pads please? Sound like they might be suitable for my lot to lounge about on too
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Erm, the are fleecy type blankets of all different sizes,the are foam lined so padded to about an inch thick I guess, and the underside is material so they don't slide all over the place!

My shepherd loves them, as does the rotty. They are great to just throw on the floor!

Welcome to come and have a look and take some if they are any good to you, I was thinking of auctioning some to raise funds. They are all brand new and wrapped.
Tinkerbell
Tinkerbell
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 646
Name: : Not given
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:53 am

Oh yes please, that would be great. Could you PM me your contact details? Thank so much.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jules30 Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:10 am

I have some collars and leads that have been donated for our Akita's that are way too small. Happy to post them on if they are of any use to you?
Jules x
jules30
jules30
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 899
Name: : Julie
RHU Cases: : 21
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://www.friendsofakitas.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:13 am

Oh yes please Jules.
Have PM'd you my details. Thanks very much, really appreciated.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by meandu Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:25 am

hi i can get some small blankets if needed as we got cheapshop in town happy to get some if any is needed they sell other stuff if not ill look x

meandu
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Female Number of posts : 156
Name: : kim
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by twigletsmum Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:32 am

Thanks for your very kind offer, that would be wondeful, and much appreciated.
twigletsmum
twigletsmum
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by meandu Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:51 am

ok i shal look tomorrow n see what i an find will u pm me the address plz

meandu
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Female Number of posts : 156
Name: : kim
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next