Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two young horses

+10
levismum
yappy
misunderstood
lastangels
cracker
salsal
weemrsb
Missymoo
Dinkeydoo
Caaz
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Two young horses Empty Two young horses

Post by Caaz Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:25 am

These horses have been dumped on the Golf course adjacent to the buisiest main road into Cardiff, we have managed to get secure space for them, (Thank you Dinkeydoo) and transport is being arranged via Lluest Horse and Pony Trust.

We will now desperately need to raise some cash to keep these horse in hay/haylage get them vet checked, vaccinated and passported then hopefully they can be moved to one of the bigger horse charities or put out on Loan through us or the Lluest.

We can't turn our backs like some have already done, there have been neumerous horses killed on this road in the past and we can't let these two slip through the net just because they cost a little cash.

Bales of hay will be £30 each, Transport will cost around £50 for diesel for the Lluest to do the 100 round trip, vaccinations will be at cost price hopefully and only cost £50 per horse, passports will cost us £15 each.

If anyone wishes to help please use SWAR paypal account or send cheques to South Wales Animal Rescue, C/o Brynbach Farm, Brynbach Road, Brynamman, Carmarthenshire. SA18 1BH

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 461
Name: : Caz Jones
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-09

http://www.southwalesanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Two young horses Empty Re: Two young horses

Post by Caaz Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:52 am

If there is anyone with an hour to spare around 5 5.30, some knowlege of horses and can get to the golf club in Carephilly, Adrian would rally appreciste your help in boxing these horses.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinkeydoo Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Well the horses have arrived tonight,very hot and sweaty and really scared.They are 2 black gypsy cobs and are absolutely lovely.I left them settle then went to feed them and give them a bit of hay,they did come to their buckets but you can`t touch them.I could desperately do with funds to feed these poor horses as they were unexpected.I can get a bale of haylege for £26 which will last 2 weeks and some bucket feed just to try and get their trust.If anyone can spare just a little it all helps.I am so glad they are safe and tomorrow I will put some photos on here so you can see how lovely they are.Thanks.
Dinkeydoo
Dinkeydoo
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 584
Name: : Lianne
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Missymoo Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:46 am

Cant wait for photos. goodluck
Missymoo
Missymoo
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2655
Name: : Leanne McDaid
RHU Cases: : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by weemrsb Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:50 am

I've sent a donation via your website paypal link.... good luck with them xxxx
weemrsb
weemrsb
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 358
Name: : Linda
RHU Cases: : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-16

http://www.bullbreedchat.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Couldn't get pics to load again so I thought Avatar and yes there the two girls are.

Lianne managed to get a field for them for the min but we desperately need to raise some funds to stable them and find out what they are cappable of etc and get them out on loan. The rescue Currently has 11 rescue horses and we also have 4 horses of our own so money is at full stretch.

Thank you linda your donation will get them a bag of nuts and a bale of hay.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:09 am

Some good news for a change. We have had answers off our local paper and a media news bulliten online and theyboth want to run the story of the girls and the fact that most rescues are really struggling at the moment.

We do however have to move the horses from were they are if we can find transport by the weekend otherwise it will have to be on Monday when our box has been fixed by the mechanic that is comming up on Sunday. The new field we have found will be costing the rescue £5 on top of the hay ect., but hopefully the news stories next week will generate some interest and help.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:46 pm

great news at long last caz you deserve it star

lets hope viewers ralley around and offer donation to you crossed crossed

ime still without a lift so still unable to come to you or lianne to help out Crying or Very sad
has soon as i can tho i will be down i promise thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:52 am

Has anyone heard off Lianne the past two days? I've been up and can't find the girls, Lianne is not answering phone.

The vet was going to come up and do passport diagrams and vacs this afternoon and I had to put her off.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinkeydoo Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:01 am

The horses are there,they can roam over about 40 acres so you just have to walk and look for them.They are definately there as I have seen them today.I am in work all this week as I am one girl short,so can't offer to help as I have all my animals to do as soon as I get home.Thanks,Lianne
Dinkeydoo
Dinkeydoo
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:23 am

Amy saw them this morning but the photographer couldn't get as close as she wanted so she has taken some pics of the other rescue horses to run along side the story and will come and take pics of the girls when we have been able to handle them a bit more.

The story is still going to run and possibly use the pics I took if any of them are clear enough. The way the photographer was talking they may be doing a follow up story on how the girls get on.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:31 pm

My daughter and I took a diffrent approach to the girls today and walked away every time they spooked. We then got them to follow us all the way to the gate and got a head collar on to the smaller one but she managed to shake it offas it was too loose.

Hopefully tomorrows attempt will go even better.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinkeydoo Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:57 pm

You found them then!!At least you are making progress.I have to pick a dog up from kennels first thing,then I have someone coming to see one of my Staffs and then I'm taking another to a foster home,if I have time later I will pop down and see if you'r there and give you a hand.Are they still going on Monday?Let me know what time,I have got 4 dogs going to the vet at 9 I won't be long so I can help you load them,Lianne
Dinkeydoo
Dinkeydoo
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:01 am

Providing we can load them as our box is not safe for them travelling loose it was made for 16 hh horses so they can get under the bar if they are really determined.

Hoping to be up there for an hour this afternoon around 2.30 ish.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:55 am

We failed misrably this morning, and were unable to get back up to the horses this afternoon.

Can everyone please send good vibes for tomorrow as we have a slightly longer time to get them to the new field.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:19 am

Crying or Very sad crossed tomorrow is a better day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:06 am

We got one, and now she is safely installed with a calm Cob we may be able to get the other Mares trust.

Keep those good vibes coming as they half worked today.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:55 am

we've got them bpoth the girls are now in a safe field with the calm cob who wants to protect them already.

this can now be moved to fund raising as we seriously need to raise funds to rehabilitate these horse. They are not unbroken youngsters as first thought but have experienced some pretty harsh treatment in the past by the look of it. They both seem to expect you to hurt them at every turn.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Moved Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:08 am

Thank you

We have been offered a little bit of help in organising a ride to raise funds for these girls.

We have also had the suggestion of doing a name thing to raise funds. We need help as we have been told it is possible to set up the name the girls on line and donations when you make your suggestion go via paypal. We have started making boxes to put nemes into at £1 per time and have asked our local feed store and pony club to put these on display. If anyone can also think of somewere they can put a box we would be extremly greatful.

The posters for front of the box are being designed at the moment.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by salsal Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:48 am

i hope you made a mistake when you said a bale of horse hage would last 2 weeks a bale should be used in 3 days 5 at the most otherwise you run the risk of botulism!! there is nothing wrong with good quality hay unless a horse has a dust allergy and cheaper to . have you informed the local eqine liason officer as ive not seen it on my emails?

salsal
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Female Number of posts : 181
Name: : sally
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Caaz Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:29 pm

You may be able to get big bale hay in Basingstoke for cheaper than Haylage but getting equine quality hay in South Wales at the moment is practically like buying gold dust.

The big bale haylage is £30 and the rescue have 15 horses it is opened and gone usualy within a day and a half. We estimate that if we use a bale in a day and a half then £30 would cover what 2 eat in 2 weeks.

I am not sure which equine liasion officer sends you e-mails but the police, several large animal charities, two large horse charities, the local council and the BHS were all aware of the danger these horses were in and were they are now.

If there is anyone you think can help us with these horse in any way, even trying to trace were they came from in the first place then please pm me, their name or organisation so I can get in touch with them for our rescue.

Caaz
Caaz
Caaz
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:01 pm

sally i think your thinking of the horse hage that comes in small the bags

caaz is talking about the big bales of haylage and this is not as wet as those small bales and lasts much longer and is safe for longer than 5 days even though she does say it normaly eaten in a day and a half Shocked

p.s caaz i have 3 eating a large bale of hay in a week and a half so estimate sounds about right Wink
cracker
cracker
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 3716
Name: : Kim
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://www.freewebs.com/newforestanimalrescue

Back to top Go down

Post by lastangels Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 am

Hi Caz
I'm broke at the moment, but as soon as I can possibly do it, I'll send y ou some money via paypal for the new babies xx
lastangels
lastangels
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1039
Name: : Cathy
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.oncelovedrescue.org.uk htttp://www.dogrescuelink.org

Back to top Go down

Post by salsal Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 am

as said in pm equine liason officers are at your police station it is more a case of collecting info and working out a pattern. sadly most of the dumped horses we deal with down here are dead. do you have fields of coloured horses or gypsy types nearby they may have escaped or been let out unfortunately theses types of places are drop off points for the meat trade

salsal
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

Female Number of posts : 181
Name: : sally
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next