Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided

+2
Cat Detective
Goldie
6 posters

Go down

Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided Empty Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided

Post by Goldie Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Nancy is heen with me about six months as owner cannot take care of her. He had a hospitial stay and with the neighbour just feeding Nancy and she wondered off. The owner says she is about 8 but I tell people she is about ten as that is the age she looks. When she first arrived she struggled to breathe and I used to lie there in the dark listening to her struggle, it was awful. I asked C.H.A.T. the question, "Can her pinhole nostrils be made bigger?" But unfortunately her chest was so noisy that the vet treated her for possible fluid around the heart or lungs. She was a wee bit better when I returned in two weeks but vet still not happy, chest was still noisy.
They were at a loss as to the cause.
She had a rotten tooth that needed to come out, so whilst under anaesthetic, they x/rayed her and they resected (cut) the cartilage of the inside of her nose and opened up the nostils. When I bought her home again she ran about a played with a toy. It was lovely to see her well. I no longer hear her at night.

She has only one eye so the other eye needs extra special monitoring.

I adore her, she is funny and playful and wilful.

Nancy is hyperthyroid and has to take Fortekor 2.5 every day now. I need to check on her blood levels again.

This is NOT urgent and if no homes come forward she can stop here but I think she would love a human of her own and her own home. My place is adequate and safe but it would be nice for her to have more stimulation. She needs combing of course. She seems okay with some cats and others she tells them to sod off. She does not fight, just pretends she is royalty, which of course she is. I have not innoculated her. She is chipped to the original owner but they do not want her so you can phone up the data storage line and get name changed.

Will add photo via Abby as I cannot work out how to do it myself.

I always homecheck. I could provide transport to the right home.

I do not need a fosterer and if the new owner no longer wanted her she can come back to me. Goldies Oldies.

Thanks Lauren x

Lauren
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1349
Name: : Lauren Grace
RHU Cases: : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided Empty Re: Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided

Post by Cat Detective Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Aww she sounds adorable, I have a lady in Winchester who is a cat lover and has a quiet flat, I am speaking to her in the next couple of days, she has a lot of experience of cats, her last cat passed away at the beginning of the year aged 15, and ~i know she can offer Nancy a super home!

Am away for a few days, will check in again here when i get back !
Cat Detective
Cat Detective
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 656
Name: : Debbie
RHU Cases: : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-19

http://felinenetwork.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided Empty Re: Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided

Post by Goldie Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:57 pm

That sounds great. Thanks. But please be reassured if she says no, this is not a problem. Nancy is easy to maintain and I do love her in spite of wanting to rehome her and if a good home doesn't come up that is fine..
x
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Detective Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Ah I know what you mean Lauren, I will ask, no pressure, but I know this lady misses lavishing attention on a cat - you know ?! This is the lady whom I was also hoping to home a friendly FIV pos cat to, because its a flat with no garden, so if you ever find a cat of that ilk it would be a smashing home ! (we sadly have nothing that fits, either with C A T or Feline Network, at present )
Cat Detective
Cat Detective
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:08 am

Debbie, do you think she would take Nancy to pamper and adore plus one frightened FIV tabby female as a gesture of kindness.

(I have those two fiv feral sisters 14 yrs old but they are not really ferals, just terrified of their own shadow, were in a lady's garden from birth to 14, don't know why they are still skitterish, there are two more still back with the old lady but she couldn't cope with four. At the moment they are hiding somewhere in my bedroom but I have picked up one of them and cuddled her. Terrified but not nasty. She's might even come around a bit with the right type of handling. I can hold her on my lap.
Re FIV I don't believe other cats are in danger, because they would have a loving owner and it was the snap test so could even be wrong. I have been reading about fiv and its true that the only ones that usually die of FIV are the ones that do not have an attentive owner, i.e. strays, ferals. My last FIV almost died of starvation, well I pts him before that happened. He did not die from FIV but got so old his food could not sustain him anymore and his damned heart was too strong for him to just die on his own. He went great guns until a fall where he would not eat for a few days and then it was too late to get him back to eating. So sad. I wonder is she would be interested in both Nancy to pamper and adore and an old lady to just let them live out her life in safety and peace. Possible???????
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Cat Detective wrote:Ah I know what you mean Lauren, I will ask, no pressure, but I know this lady misses lavishing attention on a cat - you know ?! This is the lady whom I was also hoping to home a friendly FIV pos cat to, because its a flat with no garden, so if you ever find a cat of that ilk it would be a smashing home ! (we sadly have nothing that fits, either with C A T or Feline Network, at present )

Debbie update pls, I now have a friendly FIV pretty young bl/white cat that needs a permanent home.
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Solo Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:06 am

I hope this little one gets a home. I have some old boxes here of fortekor 2.5 a previous cat had. If these are of any use to you, id be happy to send them to keep her stocked up

sophie
Flying_Solo
Flying_Solo
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 2229
Name: : Sophie
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://www.petsittinginprogress.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarbum Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:42 pm

pm'd cat detective
sugarbum
sugarbum
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Female Number of posts : 3589
Name: : abbie
RHU Cases: : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Detective Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Will update tomorrow when I can get hold of the lady.
Cat Detective
Cat Detective
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarbum Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided Nancyontheprowl
Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided Nancywaitingfordinner
Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided Nancyathome
Nancy, pekefaced persian tortie tabby, non-urgent, transport can be provided Nancy2
sugarbum
sugarbum
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Nancy is at the vet at the moment, took her in for routine check up and medication top up but vet felt her chest was TOO QUIET this time, so is staying in for an x/ray.

How can anyone resist that darling funny little face.

Lauren
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrshiregal Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:00 pm

try sarah at pinkpaws, she has a soft spot for persians and also the oldie babes
ayrshiregal
ayrshiregal
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 2606
Name: : Mandy
RHU Cases: : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarbum Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:21 pm

pm'd Goldie
sugarbum
sugarbum
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by animalmad Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi
What about Jan of Posh puss rescue ?
.She Takes persian and if she can't rehome them she offers a home for life to them i am sure she would help you as she is very kind and careing person why not try her. poshpussrescue.org

animalmad

Female Number of posts : 32
Name: : marie edwards
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Marie, thanks for your comment, however Jan of Posh Puss is like me - has lots of cats - I only want to move Nancy onto a purrfect home where she is the only cat or one of just a few. I think she would like a nice secure garden with lots and lots of company. I don't want her to exchange one rescue for another.

Took Nancy to vet again yesterday, was x/rayed, vet thinks she is asthmatic. Poor Nancy, she has had a horrible year - lost her Dad, lost her way, has heart problem, asthma, only one eye - she needs someone who has time and money to pamper her for however long the vets can keep that heart pumping well and control her breathing. To boot it is clear she has been overbred into a mishapen cat. I call this abuse. her little throat is so small and mishapen and her nostrils were so tiny the vet had to resect them and open them up just so she could breath.

No she isn't perfect but she is a little darling and I love her to pieces. But I am at work 6 days a week then out rescuing plus she has to share with the other cats.

I put her on CatChat today as well.

If I cannot find her a forever home, then she will stay with me.

Still hoping. x
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Due for check up Sat a.m.
Have posted on Catchat.
Paws crossed. x
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Nancy had a check up today. The vet was pleased with her chest sounds, still not perfect but improved since the last visit. The long acting steroid will not run out for a week or so, the we will see.

Nancy would love a pampered existence with someone who is home a lot and will give her lots of attention and not mind her vet checks. Tall order. Lauren x
Goldie
Goldie
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down