Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!! Advice Please!!

2 posters

Go down

Help!! Advice Please!! Empty Help!! Advice Please!!

Post by debtherat Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi- I am new to the site- was directed here by another member a couple of evenings ago , when I had posted on another site trying to get some help for a dog who is in the local dogs home: some of the info. regarding the dog was cross posted on this site. Am I able to continue to seek advice/help for the dog concerned? Am not sure of the rules regarding this. eg 'rescue back up'- what does that mean? I am not a member of a rescue, just a volunteer at the home in question, and am desperately looking for someone to help this guy out before a decision is made to p.t.s. Could you clarify whether or not I am able to draw attention to him? I dont want to break any rules. Thanks

debtherat

Female Number of posts : 32
Name: : Debs
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Help!! Advice Please!! Empty Re: Help!! Advice Please!!

Post by northwind Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi
I am sure someone more experienced (one of the RHU helpers) will be along shortly to advise you.

But in the meantime, "rescue back up" is required for any animal helped via RHU. It means that a rescue takes on the responsibility for care and funding of the animal, for ensuring neutering, vaccinating etc, and for home checking potential homes. The "rescue back up" also guarantees that the animal is returned to them any time in the future, and not passed on to anyone else.

Hope that helps?

Re the thread about the dog - have you been able to find the dog's thread on here? If you have, you will be able to post comments on it to add new information etc.

If you need any more help, feel free to pm me, or any of the RHU Helpers - you can find them at the bottom of the home page (I think their names are in orange, or blue).
thumb

Last edited by northwind on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops - not orange - they are RHU Friends, but they are all experienced RHU members and are always happy to help too!)
northwind
northwind
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 823
Name: : Nicky
RHU Cases: : 47
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:31 pm

debtherat wrote:Hi- I am new to the site- was directed here by another member a couple of evenings ago , when I had posted on another site trying to get some help for a dog who is in the local dogs home: some of the info. regarding the dog was cross posted on this site. Am I able to continue to seek advice/help for the dog concerned? Am not sure of the rules regarding this. eg 'rescue back up'- what does that mean? I am not a member of a rescue, just a volunteer at the home in question, and am desperately looking for someone to help this guy out before a decision is made to p.t.s. Could you clarify whether or not I am able to draw attention to him? I dont want to break any rules. Thanks

Debs are you the dog's owner ??

If so you can post in the Private Rehomings needing Rescue Back Up and give as much info as possible on the dog concerned

Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by debtherat Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 pm

kind of helps- so how does a rescue come to take responsibility for back up?
Yes I have found the thread- so that is definately ok for me to continue posting on? thanks

debtherat

Back to top Go down

Post by debtherat Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Elaine hi
no am not the dogs owner- he is in a local home where i volunteer walk. the situation is basically the home is run as a business- he has some issues based on past abuse but he can be worked with if someone has the time and experience to do it. Am looking for help to move him somewhere where he can be rehabilitated because the environment he is in now is just traumatising him, and the staff cant do anything with him because they dont have the time. Its a very sad situation.

debtherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Yes you continue.............if you have any problems the RHU helpers and Staff will keep you right dont worry

Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by debtherat Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:41 pm

ok thx for help thanks

debtherat

Back to top Go down

Post by northwind Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Debs
rescues look at the threads and post on them asking for more information or whatever, and if they think they can help they will start to explore possibility of offering back up.

Once they offer back up, again done on the thread, they would usually then get the thread closed, and a new thread often goes up asking for a transport run to be arranged to get the animal in question from current location to wherever the rescue is going to care for them eg foster home or whatever.

Very Happy

Don't worry about finding it confusing - just shout for help, or send pms, (button marked MP under people's pictures on the thread) - took me months to get around the forum and can only do it now cos people helped me! lol!
northwind
northwind
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 823
Name: : Nicky
RHU Cases: : 47
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum